Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Seat Covers

Search this Thread

Old October 17th, 2011, 1:20 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat Covers

I just bought my Silverado and it's got cloth seats. I use the truck for work and many times I'm dirty or greasy and want a leather or "leatherette" seat cover to protect the cloth seats...but I want something that looks good, something that fits and looks like the factory seats.

Any recommendations?
Old October 17th, 2011, 11:31 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Katskinz makes good ones I believe
Old October 17th, 2011, 6:46 PM
CF Beginner

Yes they do, but not the sort of thing you want if you plan to get in the truck with dirty, greasy blue jeans.

Besides, they aren't really seat covers. They're new skins for the seat.
Old October 18th, 2011, 8:48 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Jackalope,
I recommend going to gmpartsdirect.com or gmaccessoriesstore.com. You may be able to find something there that will fit what you are looking for.
Breanne
Chevrolet Customer Service

Last edited by Chevrolet Customer Service; October 18th, 2011 at 8:50 AM.
Old October 18th, 2011, 11:41 AM
CF Beginner

Thanks Breanne

Frankly, the ones displayed aren't very impressive. They don't seem snug at all. Plus, the only ones offered are only for the rear seat. Don't see any for the front.

But thank you for the suggestion. I saw several other things that I liked a lot.
Old October 18th, 2011, 11:35 PM
CF Active Member

Your going to get the covers all greasy and dirty and your worrying about the fit! That's funny! Look I used to do upholstry on cars. I never understood the people that came in with new seats and put plastic over them. In the end they sold a old car with great seats.

You have several options. Just use the seats, it is possible to just replace the center part of the seat later on with an insert of original material. You could even have them completely redone to match. Another option is to go to a wrecking yard and find some seats and salvage the old covers off them and put them on your seat or seats that will get greasy until you want to put the original cover back on.

They used to make a blanket type cover that was thick and durable and on bench seats would have a place to slide a rifle in in front of the seat. These were reasonably priced and looked decent. I'm not sure where to find them now, but I would think an on line search for seat covers would turn something up.

Or you could just buy yourself some oversized coveralls to put over your greasy togs.
Old October 19th, 2011, 1:52 AM
CF Beginner

Well Basilkies, the best response I can give you is that this brand new 2011 truck is replacing a 1991 Dodge Dakota.

I keep my truck a LONG time. By the time I get ready to sell it, everything on it, including the seats, will be long since worn out. In my case, that means the driver as well. I'll be 80 years old in 20 years and too old to climb up in the cab.

But one of the secrets to keeping a vehicle that long is protecting it as much as possible. I don't want to have to ride around in something with filthy seats. And the overalls idea just doesn't work for me.
Old October 19th, 2011, 8:19 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So some leather feeling exact fit type seat covers right?

Try www.greatcovers.com. That's the only decent lookin leather seat covers I can come up with that look like they're snug fit
Old October 20th, 2011, 7:27 AM
CF Beginner

Damn Country! Good site...but no REAR covers! Rats!
Old October 20th, 2011, 10:41 AM
CF Active Member

I did a search for "seatcovers" and turn up all kinds of stuff. The Horse blanket style ones with vinyl inserts (center part) look pretty good. Your not going to get a perfect tight fit, but in my experience they fit pretty good. When I worked in a custom upholstry shop we used to have people that came in and had us sew and refit them or many times as experienced instarllers we could use simple tricks to make them look better.

You have to realize there is nothing standerd in todays world about anything including truck seats. Even the same companies have a lot of different seats, so after market companies make one size fits most type covers.

Personally I would just use the seats and repair them. It is possible to have just the center part replaced. You can replace it with something similar or of vinyl. You can even match it exactly, but that will run the price up. I suggest you find an upholstry shop and price out inserts. You may find that is about the same money as seatcovers.

Quick Reply: Seat Covers