Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Should I ...........

Search this Thread

Old April 15th, 2009, 10:01 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I ...........

Should i lift my 2wd chevy. I have a 2wd chevy c/1500 5.7l 350 with a single cab and 8' bed. i was just wandering if it would do me any good if i were to level the front end with the back end because i want to go mudding every now and then and my front end is pritty low i think. And also would my truck be any goood mudding and i am not talking about hard core mudding just enough to get the truck dirty and have fun.

thanx in advanced
Old April 16th, 2009, 7:14 AM
CF Junior Member

Lifting the front of a 2wd is usually to get rid of a "nose down" look and most likely would not effect your ability to go "mudding".
Lift kits on 4wd are typically to give a truck more clearance and keep more of it out of the water and mud. 2" in the front probably wouldn't be anything that would help your truck stay out of the muck.

If you want to level out your truck, go for it, but dont expect any better results off road.....
Old April 16th, 2009, 10:05 PM
CF Active Member

I agree. A 2wd with an 8' bed is best left alone lift wise, unless leveling is the only goal. Then it's purely for aesthetic reasons that I would even have that done. Just go buy a cheap older 4wd pickup for the mudding.
Old April 17th, 2009, 8:33 AM
Super Moderator

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Yeah, what the last two posters said.

You might want to think about getting a winch, it's not 4WD, but it could help you(and friends) get unstuck...
Old April 17th, 2009, 10:19 AM
Super Moderator
Ride of the Month
May 2009

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It would help slightly if it was to allow larger tires and you have a rear locker, but then you do need the winch or a good friend that will come pull you out.
My 1st truck was a 75 Heavy Half 2wd and you wouldn't believe some of the places I took it, you can go thru a lot of mud at 50mph.
Old April 19th, 2009, 5:58 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i got a 2 inch lift kit/leveling kit in my garage i was gonna put on my 98 silverado. its all rough country stuff. i just decided not to do it. kit comes with stiff and taller coil springs and the rear lift utilizes blocks. if you do what i was going to do, i was going to use the lift springs in the front and be done with it. that damn kit still sits in the corner of the garage