Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Small Scratch removal

Search this Thread

Old November 22nd, 2009, 9:55 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Small Scratch removal

So stupid me washed my truck the other day and used a brush. Unfortunately this left small scratches all over. Only visible when very close, but I know they are there none the less. A good coat of wax makes them pretty much non visual, but any suggestions to not seeing them again would be great.

If this needs moved elsewhere feel free.
Old November 22nd, 2009, 11:56 PM
CF Junior Member

You can take it to a detail shop and have the truck buffed out. Should take care of the scratches.
Old November 23rd, 2009, 11:19 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

if you lived in illinois. close to woodridge i could buff it all out. i did the same thing to my hood. and it came out looking like glass. absolute perfection.

to get them scratches out for good. and make it look bad ***-
the simple, cheap way is get a dual action buffer. get meguires 3 stage wax.
first, second and third stage.
note: work in a 2 square foot area at a time.
step one: clean area very well and make sure its dry, cool an in shade
step two. get dual action buffer. get microfiber bonnet. dab stage one on. work it in at speed 3 until its all worked in. so work it for 3 minutes or so in overlapping motions. wipe off area. move on to next area and so on until you cover the desired area
step three: get clean bonnet. dab on stage two and repeat step 2's same technique.
step four: same as two and three but with stage three.
step five. use a sealer wax (google it) and wax the finished area.

yes you could pay some noob to do the job. or do it yourself. and learn a goood technique and work on your own vehicles.
where i learned all this:- www.autogeek.net
i bought 110 in waxes and applicator pads 2 weeks ago when i did my hood. so worth it all. plus people see it and they want me to do their cars and i get paid oodles of cash. think about it. a full wax detail is over 100 bucks. bad thing is its time consuming. i did my whole truck full stage three wax it took 6 hours. next thing is i need to get a better buffer. porter cable 7424 for 112 on ebay.
did you know that you can buy a hand made batch of the purest carnuba wax for a thousand dollars? the look is amazing.
Old November 24th, 2009, 4:14 AM
CF Beginner

I live in IL, but 4 hours away from you. I am going to try to fix it myself. A neighbor of mine worked at a body shop and let me use some of his compound yesterday and it worked pretty well by hand. I am going to purchase a buffer and I think that will do the trick.