Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

starting issues like battery is dead.

Search this Thread

Old February 8th, 2010, 10:40 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tried to replaced the bolts but they do not seem to come out,they just trurn and turn. I cleaned the bolts and connector really good and thet did not make any diff. Went to Walmart and got a new battery,for some odd reason the battery that was there was only showing 6.5V after driving it for a while and then it would not start again. Got the new Batt it was more than 60 months anyway,fisrt attempt to start it=same problem ,but then I was able to started right up with out any hesitation. I will eventually replace the bolts. and go from there.
Old February 8th, 2010, 4:48 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

(N)everstart battieries are not a wise choice. You will have issues when you try to warranty it out. Have a charging system diagnostics checked out on it, sounds like a faulty diodes/regulator in the alternator.

Last edited by oih82w8; February 8th, 2010 at 4:50 PM.
Old February 8th, 2010, 10:10 PM
Super Moderator
Professional Mechanic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My guess is the battery bolts were severely corroded the the battery( that is why you could not get them out) (very very typical). Walmart forced it apart and cleaned the bolts slightly then put them back in your NEW battery. This will only result in the same problem again in a few months. Corrosion grows like mold. If I were you I would disconnect the cables and take a look.