Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Traction Control or Lack of Power

Search this Thread

Old April 15th, 2008, 9:33 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Traction Control or Lack of Power

I do not have an LTZ, mine is an LT 2 with the Traction Control and StabiliTack. One thing I did notice was that when I took it out of Drive and dropped directly into 3, I was able to get more power off the line. That would be interesting to see if that disables the 4 second delay. I am not sure if mine really has the delay, but after doing that I was able to start getting the tires to break some and continue up to about 50 feet. They were not spinning hard, but you could hear that they were slipping. Also, I do have the 20's too, so maybe the slightly taller tires effectively reduces the gear ratio to a point that it just has a harder time breaking the tires loose.
Old April 15th, 2008, 9:48 AM
CF Junior Member

can you do a plain old break stand or are you just hammering on her off the line?
Old April 15th, 2008, 10:03 AM
CF Beginner

Even a power stall leaves a lot to be desired, but I can get it to spin some that way. I was more interested in getting more power straight off the line.
Old January 25th, 2009, 11:43 AM
CF Beginner

Talking traction control

hey guys,well it seems some other dudes are having the same issues with the traction control,that i had,ya holding the button down for 5-7 sec turns off the stability track,but not enough power to light'em up?well what i did was installed a super chip,adding 35 hp,then did my exhaust,being my chev had 3" coming out of the manifold,so i added a thrush hp muffler,and continued 3" the rest of the way,"real nice sound",and im just installing a banks ram air system,and she lights 'em up now brutha,and kills dodge hemi's,makes em look like volkswagons,so if your willing to spen a little,and not really that much.you will have all the power you need,im running close to 400 hp now and really like the crisp throttle response,ok chow for now.

tenbr1.
Old November 30th, 2010, 11:46 PM
CF Beginner

Well Smkyb thanks for the info about how to turn Stabilitrack off. i have 30000 miles on my 09' and thougth i bought an anti-fun truck. called dealers and they had no info for me, read the post at 1115pm with 3" of fresh powder on the ground and had to go out and give it a try