Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

VCI Codes enabling Steering Wheel Controls

Search this Thread

Old December 8th, 2010, 10:00 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default redundant Steering Wheel Controls

I wanted to update this thread with my recent find. I purchased a used steering wheel from SchramAutoParts on eBay and it was simply plug and play for the steering wheel controls. I have seen posts that you can add the control pod to your existing wheel, but in looking at my old wheel, there is no hole on the right hand side for the pod. Not sure if it could be cut out, but I got a good deal on the wheel combined with free Shipping, so not much more for the whole wheel. The only complicated part is finding a wheel puller with the GM Legs. Borrowed one and had the whole unit out and installed in less than an hour! Thanks Schram for the awesome deal! Anyone interested in an ebony wheel with cruise controls only, I will ship it to you for $75 total. I can email pics if you want. Oh, the instructions for wheel removal are posted on youtube, so thanks to whoever posted the vid...helped alot.

Shameless Plug: It would appear that Schram still has a few wheels for sale and only $90.00 with free shipping!!

Last edited by MyNewCrew; December 8th, 2010 at 10:03 PM.