Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

weird electrical problem

Search this Thread

Old December 26th, 2020, 7:56 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default weird electrical problem

its a 2015 v6 4.7 liter two wheel silverado that after noting i had to reset the clock after starting, it progressed to the saved radio stations being occasionally wiped out only to reset after a bit. i took it in to the dealer who diagnosed a 'parasitic draw ' from an aftermarket rear license plate light, which stole just enough power from the battery to make the clock and radio problem. well after getting it home with a new battery, and after about 5 days, one occurrence of a weird 'click' (not the usual sound of a battery needing jumping) which on the very next attempt, it started. well before i could get it in to check this out, it clicked and failed to start couldn't jump it.. the battery dash gauge showed 13. had it taken to the service center who witnessed the click, but it started immediately, too quick to diagnose it, they say.. they are telling me that the radio and clock issue is probably a short of some kind, and to wait for it to get worse so they can properly diagnose it. has anyone heard of this problem before.. is it the HMI, or some module? sound computer oriented to me....

i appreciate any input

thank you. doug v