Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

What kind of exhaust should I get to make my silverado as loud as possible?

Search this Thread

Old October 25th, 2010, 12:04 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i kinda like my super 44 ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhmdpFmIY2s

on a side note tho..some mentioned the series 10 by flowmaster..its pretty much the loudest you'll get..and get a high flow cat.. youll be heard from farrrrrrrrrrr away
Old October 25th, 2010, 2:06 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i never said that magnaflow was loud enough, i said it provided a desirable sound, i think they sound great, but i agree they need to be louder, thats why im going to take them off, i dont know your financial situation but ive always found borla to be to expensive and still arent very loud, again, an awesome sound tho, for those of you that are sugesting installing a muffler backwards, well imma put it the way my pa always taught me, if something is ment to be used in a certain way, then use it that way and dont use it backwards, my suggestion is a combination of taking everything into consideration, using things properly, louder sound, better sounds, price, and if you want to get some performance out of it, any muffler that is the style of the stock ones, like the rectangular mufflers, has so much resistance and isnt free flowing, im telling you try the moroso spiral flow bullet style exhaust, i garuntee, it will increase performance, be loud enough, sound great, and they are only about $50 a piece. if you want to be able to hear it from inside the cab, put the turndowns on it but from my experience with turndowns, it gets annoying hearing the droning all the time, but not everyone is the same about that, look them up!
Old October 25th, 2010, 3:53 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

So I just listened to some Borla exhaust sounds
youtube.com/watch?v=utxSmBphVLg

meh

I don't know if the video is not good quality or maybe
Its cuz I am watching them on my phone, even though my
Blackberry has pretty bitchin speakers for a cell phone,
But it sounds pretty comparable to the flowmaster 40 series.
I will watch it again at home though
Old October 25th, 2010, 10:45 PM
CF Active Member

my cusion cut from the cat back off his exhaust he has a older truck that he put a 305 v8 in it i like the way it sounds deep and loud almost thinking about doing that with my truck but i hear alot of people talking about back preasure and i dont kno much a out that so still iffy

i looked in to the spiral muffler sounds nice but i would like to hear it in person and for 50$ not bad but im still thinking if i do go with any type of muffler theres 3 ways im thinking about doing it(my truck has a stock exhaust dual in single out) (also i have a 6.0 v8)
im either goin to
A.put a x-pipe then 2 single in single out mufflers with turndowns (2.5 im guessing)
B.put a y-pipe then a 3"mufler then turndowns
C. dual in dual out single muffler 2.5"
idk wich would be better?

Last edited by Cpb200; October 25th, 2010 at 10:49 PM.
Old October 26th, 2010, 2:17 PM
CF Active Member

well like i said in previous post, i do not know your financial sitaution so i always assume the cheapest, but if you do have a little money to spend then you have to go by the concept of the bigger the motor the bigger the pipes, and a 6.0L V8 is a pretty big motor, so if you want to put the money into your exhaust, then start with headers, you want 3 inch outlets going into 3 inch pipes to the cats, after the cats, go into a X pipe and out into duals, if you go with the moroso spiral flow bullet mufflers, you dont even need turn downs, but if you want them then get them anyways, i promise you if you go with that, youll get more performance increase then youll know what to do with and it WILL be LOUD enough for you, just make sure you dont go with stock replacement mufflers or cats, they have high flow bullet style cats that also make it significantly louder as well, and of course headers will make a differnece too, if you want ill send you the links to the parts on summit racing that im going to eventually go with, my finacial situation isnt where i can just dump alot of money into the exhaust so im going to buy it piece by piece, and trust me, ive heard the moroso mufflers in person and youtube videos barely give an accurate comparision to how good they sound, you would not be disappointed
Old October 26th, 2010, 3:06 PM
CF Active Member

well i have little income
only 17 and still in school so what i do with most of my upgrades i just svae up and have everything done at 1 time but my exhaust isnt comeing for about another half a year or so im just tryen to get ideas of what would be what i want that way i kno what to get when i finaly do get it
Old October 27th, 2010, 10:31 AM
CF Active Member

then knock it out all at once, 3 inch headers, 3 inch cat piping, 3 inch cat backs, and i seriously suggest the moroso spiral flows, my friends has them on his cammed LS1 camaro, and previously when i heard it, it was before he had it tunned, yesterday was the first time i heard it after he had it tunned and it sounds even better then before, although it isnt the same sound that your truck would make, it will still sound awesome, trust me, im going to do a quick check and ill let you know around how mucha decent system will run you
Old October 27th, 2010, 10:46 AM
CF Active Member

hooker headers-$379, 2 magnaflow unniversal spun cat converters-$76 a piece, and then 2 moroso spiral flow bullet mufflers-$51 a piece, id get all that and then go to an exhaust shop and have them run it all together with 3 inch piping, so your looking at like $650 in parts+whatever the shop wants to through it all together, i garuntee thats about as loud as you could make it and its not terribly expensive+the horse power gain would be amazing, go to www.summitracing.com and look around and put some combinations together
Old October 27th, 2010, 6:24 PM
CF Active Member

ok well i was looking around on youtube vids
(i like to look at all options before making up my mind)
i looked at straight pipe vids there all raspy weired cause my cusions wasnt raspy at all

anyway then it hit me i like the deep tone but i like to be heard so is there any muffler that will make it so DEEP that its loud
Old October 28th, 2010, 12:33 PM
CF Active Member

hmmmm i cant really think of any, its either going to be raspy, loud, or deep, magnaflow gives a good deep sound but isnt all that loud, the moroso spiral flows are really loud but are a little on the raspy side and are kinda deep, and i think that flow master is just straight up raspy, and borla is deeeeeep, but not very loud and extremely expensive

Quick Reply: What kind of exhaust should I get to make my silverado as loud as possible?