Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Wth???

Search this Thread

Old June 26th, 2010, 9:37 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wth???

i have a 2006 1500hd with the 6.0L, when i take off from a dead stop, (stoplight,stop sign,etc..) the truck has no take off speed, i can floor the gas all the way and the truck just creeps until about 20mph, then it takes off like a rocket. just wondering if this is normal since it is a pulling truck.
Old June 26th, 2010, 9:57 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well i have a 2001 1500HD with the 6.0L in it and mine isnt like that.... i guess its cause i have the hypertech programmer 3 on it idk... but i dont ever remember my truck takin off as slow as you say...
Old June 28th, 2010, 4:07 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Have you had your truck checked by your local dealership for anything that could possibly be amiss? I would suggest you do so at your earliest convenience as they would be able to diagnose the vehicle and fix it while in the shop if you wish. I hope that helps you. If you are looking to fix the vehicle on your own I am sure that you will get a great response from the community at large.

Jeff Morris, Chevroelt Customer Service