Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

04 silverodo a/c

Search this Thread

Old August 17th, 2009, 4:35 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04 silverodo a/c

my 04 silverodo ac/ will not come on. i have had the recycle switch changed,and the freon checked. i replaced the control unit in the dash with a 06 modle but this didnt fix it.. in fact it made the air realy hot on the drivers side vents...do i need a 04 control? or do i have a broken wire somewhere?
Old August 18th, 2009, 4:31 PM
CF Active Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

is the compressor engaging. try connecting a test light or multimeter to the electrical connector that goes to the a/c clutch. then when you press the a/c button, you should see the light turn on or see some voltage. if you do, then it might be your clutch on your a/c may be defective. Im not sure if you could replace just the clutch without the a/c compressor or if it has to be replace as one assembly.
Old August 20th, 2009, 9:58 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the clutch does engage sometimes....i can trick the compresser with the relay.. but the when i use the botton in the dash the clutch only works part of the time mostly when its cooler outside. when it get hoter in the day it will not work at all