Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

07 Silverado classic - radio question (I searched)

Search this Thread

Old May 3rd, 2014, 12:56 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 Silverado classic - radio question (I searched)

I have an 07 Silverado (older body style) with factory radio w/ OnStar and XM. What I would really like is another non-navi factory option that has an aux in option. Is there a model that has this where its an almost plug-n-play replacement? Is there a "one step up" option? I know the dealer would have to reprogram/activate it.
I'm not 100% opposed to a Navi unit but I just don't want to have to do a lot of other things to make it work. I want something as plug-n-play as possible.

Thanks guys...
Old May 4th, 2014, 9:42 AM
CF Beginner

I have just installed a nav unit in my classic 07. Not a hard process but you will need modules if you want to keep your truck as stock as possible. The chimes for your doors, lights and keys in ignition go through the stereo to the left door speaker. You will need a module for this that also connects your trucks harness to the wires of the stereo.

On top of that another module to keep steering wheel controls. Then another for on star and xm. They all plug in together but as you can imagine there is a bit going on.

I did all of this so I could have a backup camera and Bluetooth for my phone. Not rocket surgery but it took a while and not cheap.

If you just need an aux jack just get an adapter harness and plug it into the stock stereo. Have a look on amazon. That's where I got most of the modules for my stereo.
Old May 4th, 2014, 9:43 AM
CF Beginner

Sorry forgot. The dealer doesn't have to program anything.