Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

1993 with no brake lights or cruise control

Search this Thread

Old August 12th, 2009, 11:56 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1993 with no brake lights or cruise control

Hi everyone!!
We just took a 2000 mile family trip and had no problems, then this morning we had no brake lights or cruise control??? It all did work great on the trip. Also fyi we have never had emergency flashers.... I have checked the fuses under the dash and all are ok.... I replaced the turn signal relay and the relay beside it... There is NO fuse box under the hood, the reaason I checked is I had a 95 with no brakes and that fuse was blown and that did fix that truck!! No luck with this one as no fuse box underhood.... I also checked the switch at the brake pedal and have NO power to any of the leads..... Any idea's would be appriciated!!

Thank you,
Brian

Last edited by brian7cees; August 13th, 2009 at 12:22 AM.
Old August 13th, 2009, 12:02 AM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

try running power to the main power lead on the switch, i dont know which one it is sorry, and see if everything works, if it does you have a broken wire, then it would almost be easier to run a new wire instead of tracing out the factory one
Old August 13th, 2009, 12:13 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes I thought of that as well, I do have a chiltons that does not show either the brake swich or cruise control circuits so I would have no clue witch wire/wires to jump to?? Besides I really would like to keep it all original if I could and find and fix the problem... I have found that saves head aches down the road... But hey thanks for your thoughts!!

Also on another forum someone made mention of asking if cruise control worked when anothere was having brake light problems, but offered no solution... that tells me there is a solution to this issue??

Brian

Last edited by brian7cees; August 13th, 2009 at 1:01 AM.