Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Old August 10th, 2015, 5:47 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Towing & Hauling Guides
Print Wikipost

2007 Chev Silverado....Any problems?

Search this Thread

Old November 10th, 2007, 8:33 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2007 Chev Silverado....Any problems?

OKAY HERE GOES! I finally broke down and laid out my hard earned cash for a NBS 2007 Silverado Ext Cab 6.0 with Max Trailering LTZ with almost all the bells and whistles. As far as likely all the bells and whistles....love them. As for the trucks performance!!! SUCKS!!!!! The active fuel management is the biggest ripoff ever...EVER! It makes driving the truck suck....and I mean SUCK! tug and pull, tug and pull, tug and pull!! I seems like an overdrive tranny when its about to go out. HATE HATE HATE IT! AS for the 6.0 liter...IDLE MISS!!!! There is a subtle but distinctive miss at idle. The chev serv manager says its due to lean mix that Chevy programmed it for to meet regulations...BS!!!!! There is something else wrong and I can tell! Today while driving uphill aprox 35-40 mph there was a DISTINCTIVE tugging surging feel to the truck...maybe tied to the rough idle crap! I hear alot of owners are experiencing this same scenario...I went to another dealer and they are going to look the truck over. They did review service bulliten and there seems to be the possibilty that the 6.0 liters have a bad spark setup in one or more of the cylinders. That might be the problem...but heres my problem...how can chevrolet miss these items?? Idle misses and surging problems are very easy to detect!!! I would assume there is some sort of quality control in place at their factories?? Or do they say good enough...SHIP IT! Well as for me, they will keep geting the truck back until they FIX IT! I spent around 40k with tax and get a piece of crap! Oh yeah, almost forgot, downshifting takes for ever to kick in and acceleration seems very very hesitant...another problem! The driveabilty of this truck is the worst I have ever experienced. BAD BAD BAD! I will not recommend this truck to anyone! Do keep that in mind when you are deciding to buy one...just my opinion and experience![]
Old November 11th, 2007, 10:29 AM
CF Beginner

I just purchased a 2007 2WDCrew Cab Silverado LS with the 4.8, the only real complaint I have, is the same as every on else. The interior coverings collect alot of dirt and lint. I went and bought a scotch guard kit and some descent seat covers, that was the only thing I could do to reduce the lint and dirt. I also think from the ride the factory tires are pretty much crap. I only have 300 miles on mine so far, other than those minor things, I love the truck.
Old November 11th, 2007, 10:11 PM
CF Junior Member

I'm new here so let me throw this one out.

Just purchaseda NBS '07 LT2 crew cab 2wd. It has under 1500 miles on it so far. Has anyone had any electrical problems? Last week, while driving at night on the interstate,I pulled back on the turn signal stalk (flash to pass), and the thing went totally haywire. The cruise kicked off, all of the dash idiot lights went on, the speedo and tach went up and down, and the radio made a high pitched squeal.

I pulled over and shut the truck off, sat for about 5 seconds, re-started the truck and went along my way. I haven't been able to duplicate this problem again and haven't taken it in to the dealership.

Any thoughts? Faulty ground connection?
Old November 12th, 2007, 6:54 AM
CF Active Member

Ours is a 07 NBS. My wife came in yesterday and said, she had used the turn signal and the windshield washers came on, without touching the washer paddle on the stalk.
Old November 12th, 2007, 8:01 PM
CF Junior Member

This morning, it wouldn't start! Cranked slowly like the battery was about dead. Started fine after the third try though. It is going into the dealership tomorrow morning. My hope is that there is a faulty ground connection somewhere they can easily locate.

I'm starting to get a bad feeling...
Old November 12th, 2007, 8:17 PM
CF Active Member

I tried to repeat the problem with nothing happening. I think she bumped thewasherpaddle. I hope your's is nothing serious.
Old November 14th, 2007, 9:55 AM
CF Beginner

I've had my 07 5.3L crew cab for about a month, and while I'm very happy overall, I've noticed a few glitches along the way:

1. Like everyone else has said, the seats attract every speck of lint within a mile of the truck. It's especially bad when you have black on black like mine.
2. I once had the DIC displaying a message that the Stabilitrak was turned off and I needed to bring the truck in for servicing. It's happened only once (so far), so I haven't broughtit to the dealer (why bother if I can't replicate the problem?)
3. In the last week or so I've noticed a high pitched"humming" or "harmonic"noise. It seems to be coming from the front end of the truck, but I can't be sure. There also is an occasional buzzing noise that seems to be coming from the Bose speakers. Other than these items, it seems to be a great truck. I tend to drive my vehicles until it no longer pays to have them repaired, so I'm hoping to have this one a good long time.
Old November 15th, 2007, 4:34 AM
CF Beginner

I am trying to figure out why the passenger mirror was not engineered as a automatic night time dimming.

It is kind of annoying having two auto-dims and a regular one.

Old November 15th, 2007, 8:39 PM
CF Junior Member

Just an update on my truck. Seems like the dealer never reconnected the battery correctly after having it on display (like not tightening the positive terminal)! Easy fix and I'm glad that was all it was.

I do agree with everyone else regarding the weak paint. I've already had to get a touch up bottle for a few rock chips; and this from 1400 mostly in-town pavement driving miles. With the dark paint, the chips show up easily. I was holding off, but maybe I should get a bug deflector on it soon.
Old November 16th, 2007, 7:34 AM
CF Beginner

Here again with the idle and surging/tugging problem. Took to dealer and was told the subtle rough idle is allowable tolerance from cherolet. It is inherent with the 6.0 liter motors due to their horsepower. NO FIX. As for the surging /tugging feel and shifting not really being on, it seems...these models of trucks are SMART. Here is what they stated on work form:

DOES NOT HAVE ENOUGH TIME ON TRUCK TO BE BROKEN IN AND THE FUEL TRIM CELLS LEARNED.

I was told that these trucks adjust over a period of time and learn your drivoing habits then they make the appropriate adjustments. My truck has 2500 miles and it still isnt learned? If this is true then fine...even though it really sucks to drive ut when it drives the way it does...especially for another aprox 5000 miles as i was told it might take....HUM??? Has ANYONE heard this before???? I am a bit miffed about this learning thing. Well anyway sure glad I have an extended warranty as they are going to see alot of me if it continues after another 5000 miles!!!! []

If ANYONE has a similar experience PLEASE let me know. I am arming myself with information that I will take to Chevrolet if need be.

Thanks

Quick Reply: 2007 Chev Silverado....Any problems?