Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Old August 10th, 2015, 5:47 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Towing & Hauling Guides
Print Wikipost

2007 Chev Silverado....Any problems?

Search this Thread

Old November 18th, 2007, 12:50 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2007 Chev Silverado....Any problems?

maybe UFO in the area at the time this happen??????
Old November 18th, 2007, 6:10 PM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

I guess the imports that are mfg here don't have to comply cuz most of them look a lot better wrt "orange peel"
Old November 20th, 2007, 2:31 PM
CF Beginner

I bought my truck 4 days ago. The only problem I have is that the rear passager door child safety lock will not disengage. I turn the keyway, but it refuses to unlock. The rear driver door locks and unlocks as needed just fine. Otherwise I love the truck. Great ride and smooth. Much better gas mileage than my 04 Titan that I traded in. Though the Titan would blow the red paint off my new Silverado with ease. This new 5.3 with the 3.73 has something to be desired. Maybe that explains the better MPGs. Only 200 miles on it since purchase so I'll follow up if something else comes up.

Who can point me in the right direction for the aftermarket brake controller install?
Old November 20th, 2007, 2:38 PM
CF Active Member

I have some instructions on doing it, if that will help. Send me your email address and I'll send it to you. dyjack@aol.com
Old December 17th, 2007, 9:46 AM
CF Beginner

The fan selector *** on my silverado does not work. ie. no matter what selection it is on (legs, front vents, defrost, combo) the air only blows out the front vents. I took it to the dealer to be repaired, they fixed it and told me that there is a piece behind the *** that is getting warped in temperature change. After it was fixed, it worked for 2 days and broke again. The mechanic at the dealer said they were working on a fix for this problem but no clue how long. Being december and living in ohio, it is quite an inconvenience to not have the defrost work. Has anyone else had problems with this.
Old December 17th, 2007, 10:36 AM
CF Junior Member

As posted earlier I have had a major problem with water leaking from around the drains and seals from the Sunroof. I last took it,[NBS LTZ Crew],inearly Dec. for the 4th and last time as I consulted the service manager and dealership manager and stated that I would go to the Lemon Law if it was not repaired this time,[there is a repair recall]. Also the mirror was repaired correctly this last time. As of this date it appears that the leak is fixed. I have not had any trouble with the trans and I have pulled my car trailer loaded several times with the longest being about a 335 mile trip one way loaded with a 3800lb car. I have also had some minor rock chips.
Old December 17th, 2007, 7:51 PM
CF Beginner

2oo7 5.3 active fuel management 3.73 ratio problem with cruise on i can see rpms moving back an forth dealer says nothing wrong cause computer cant pick nothing up anybody having problems like this.
Old December 18th, 2007, 2:30 PM
CF Beginner

2007 LTZ Z71 w/ 6.0 - Anyone else noticed that the Steering Wheel is not exactly on-center with the instrument cluster? That and AFM/DOD suck. Put a dual exhaust on and not when it goes 4-cyl mode, it sounds like rocks tumbling in a barrel. Other than that, I am highly pleased.
Old January 3rd, 2008, 7:51 PM
CF Beginner

[ul][*]I own a 02 2500 hd. ext. cab 8' boxReally never had any major problems. 6.0 liter, got 12 mpg from day 1. Self employed, have it loaded with material, quite heavy. 4 speed trans. I really like it. Bought a 07 NBS 2500 hd same style and size. vortex motor 6 speed. Ranging about 11.5- 12 mpg.I don't like it. Pretty much the same problems santaman 56 has. It just seems like it slows right down going up a hill. Either a small incline or a long steep hill. It'll downshift every 10 seconds. with a 6 speed I think it doesn't have a big enough speed range before shifting. It's really a pain in the @$$. I've heard some people have this truck and said they never seem to notice any shifting? For high $30k I'd rather get rid of it and keep my 02.[/ul]
Old January 3rd, 2008, 8:05 PM
CF Junior Member

We also can't stand the 07 NBS 2500 we have at work. The tranny can't pick a gear and the 6.0 is a dog. My 5.3 seems to pull better in my 07 1500.

The sheet metal is so thin that we have really caused some damage to the body. The 02,03, and 05 we have do not have near the dents, dings and scratches that this dog does.

Quick Reply: 2007 Chev Silverado....Any problems?