Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Old August 10th, 2015, 5:47 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Towing & Hauling Guides
Print Wikipost

2007 Chev Silverado....Any problems?

Search this Thread

Old November 16th, 2007, 4:22 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2007 Chev Silverado....Any problems?

I have about 7000KMS(4500mi?) on mine, and the transmission seems to be shifting alot better lately. Mabe I am just crazy and I dont know what I am talking about? Doesnt seem to shift so abruptly and at odd times. Maybe they do take a long time to "learn "
Old November 16th, 2007, 11:22 PM
CF Active Member

All you guys pissing and moaning about your new trucks makes me want to keep my 03'LT EXT-CAB for a little longer. I guess I've been verylucky but I have had zero problems since day one. Sure I do the regular maintenance oil changes, lube and so on but I've never had it in the shop for repairs of any kind.Rocky sleeps in the garage and Ikeep him spotless so maybe that's it. Either way this has been the best and most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. All you guys with the new trucks get the bugs worked out because I may want to buy one in a couple of years. I tell everybody I've got a Chevy Truck built Ford tough.[sm=americanasmiley.gif]
Old November 17th, 2007, 7:11 AM
CF Active Member

I had a 2003with Quadra Steer and liked it so much I had a hard time trading it in. And like you trouble free, except fora reprograming of the computer, call back. I usually trade every two years. But the new one, a LTZ with the 6.0 is much better, except I miss the Quadra Steer.
I have heard the that some of the trucks do learn your driving habits, but I thought it was only the Allision Tranmissions.
Old November 17th, 2007, 1:38 PM
CF Beginner

I own a 2007 ext cab 4x2 flexfuelLTZ in Brazil ,runs on 100% ethanol ,no problems at all ,just the front driver's door panel speakers that rattles ....This is the only complaint!!! Is there any way to fix the door panel rattle?
Old November 17th, 2007, 4:32 PM
CF Beginner

This is Blue and I just received my tail light covers, chromed, and WOW!!!! what a difference. If anyone with the 2007 nbs Silverado has been looking for tail light protectors go to premiermotoring.net, part number 132484, this is the only place I was able to find any thing worth putting on. A solution to some of you with a lint problem, I have used Scotch Guard, spray on, and it helped a lot, although I used it on a car, my truck has leather. To get the lint off your seats you can use a lint remover roller, Walgreens, Target, etc, its like a paint roller with sticky paper, just roll it up and down your seats.
Old November 17th, 2007, 10:20 PM
CF Junior Member

Gman, when I drive my "old" 2005 at work, I get a bit nastalgic. The are damn nice trucks and I wouldn't be in any hurry to trade if I were you. I brought our 2002 home the other night due to a larger load to haul and really enjoyed driving it as well. I would have no problem going back to the old trucks. I am now used to the new dial locations, so it takes a few miles to readjust my thinking.
Old November 17th, 2007, 10:54 PM
CF Beginner

My major issues so far has been paint that loves to chip and seats that love lint. The first time I drove on the interstate, there were 8 chips on the hood. There are also dozens behind each tire, which the dealership has nonw given me mudflaps to prevent. I also have an issue with the sheet metal thickness. I dented my truck leaning on it to wash the windows at the gas station (and I'm a lightweight). There's also a ding in the door and a ton of dings on top of the bed. With all the dents and chips and scratches, my 6 month old Silverado is in worse shape than the six year old F150 I traded in for it. So much for my attempts to baby my vehicle!

After rotating my tires, I tried making the truck relearn the tires. It won't recognize the tires no matter how many times I try and how much tire pressure changes. Another trip to the dealership is warranted.
Old November 17th, 2007, 11:04 PM
CF Beginner

Other things:
I also think the instrument displays are extremely hard to see at dusk.

Accelerating from a complete stop isn't too bad but rolling acceleration is very poor. Lots of growl but no bite. I hoped for a lo more from the 5.3 w/ 3.73.

There was an extreme amount of metal shavings on the drain plug on my first oil change. I'm hoping it was left from production and all came out on that first oil change.
Old November 17th, 2007, 11:08 PM
CF Monarch

Received 27 Likes on 9 Posts

The metal thickness has been the same since 1999. You just have longer panels and not enough support behind the panels. As far as the paint is concerned, factory paint jobs are just getting worse and worse.
Old November 18th, 2007, 1:46 AM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: EuroGoldLS
As far as the paint is concerned, factory paint jobs are just getting worse and worse.
I have heard alot of this has to do with EPA regulations on paints. BUt then again it may be a myth

Quick Reply: 2007 Chev Silverado....Any problems?