Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Old August 10th, 2015, 5:47 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Towing & Hauling Guides
Print Wikipost

2007 Chev Silverado....Any problems?

Search this Thread

Old February 5th, 2008, 11:34 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2007 Chev Silverado....Any problems?

I had an 07 Silverado NBS 2LT with the 5.3L FlexFuel engine, some woman T-boned me and totaled it. The only problem I had was when I rotated my tires I couldn't for the life of me get the thing to relearn the tire locations. The truck had 13,000 miles on it. Loved it so much I got an 08.
Old February 6th, 2008, 7:19 AM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I have an 2006 5.3 flex fuel?

What is this about recognizing tire locations? I have a 06 that I rotate tires on all the time myself. Did they change something on this on the 2007 pickups?
Old February 6th, 2008, 1:20 PM
CF Junior Member

Default RE: I have an 2006 5.3 flex fuel?

Hey Matador, the 2007's and up have a tire pressure sensor that tells youthePSI for each tire ineach location, right from the dash controls. BUT i have rotated my tires on my 2007 and i have not had this issue yet.
Old February 6th, 2008, 1:42 PM
CF Senior Member

Default RE: 2007 Chev Silverado....Any problems?

Ive had mine a little over a year, lt1, 4.8, no big complaints. Runs like a champ. I agree the paint sucks and the seats attract everything you dont want. The other thing I didnt like was the tires that came on the truck, I think they were Generals, were CRAP to say the least. They didnt last 15,000 miles before the rubber was all eaten up and I never "peel out" or anything like that. Dealership wouldnt replace them because warranty doesnt cover parts that are designed to wear out. 15,000 miles?!?!?!? A set of tires, come on! Other than that I didnt notice before I bought it and was dissapointed when I needed it, come to find out the LT1 doesnt come with trailer wiring. Thats odd. Even my plain jain XL model Ford I use to have came with a trailer wiring plug. So that was dissapointing. Im pretty happy about everything else, I think it was a good purchase. I did have one instance where it wouldnt start for some reason, the battery was completley dead, and it had only sat for a couple of hours since I had ran it last, the headlight automatically cut off, that was really strange, I dont know how the battery could have died that quick. But Onstar saved the day in less than 20 minutes and it never happened again. IDK.
Old March 5th, 2009, 8:00 PM
CF Beginner

My 07 will be 2 yrs old in july and has 17115 miles and has been nothing but problems. Inner fender well left front keeps popping out, 12000 miles new brakes all the way around, leaking pinion bearing and axle seals, bumping in rear end after stop and 9500, 16500, 17100 miles the battery died and has been replaced. The dealership claims all problems are normal for the silverado. The battery problem has totally confused them. Check the site after saturday for window sticker in mine. Good luck.
Old August 24th, 2009, 6:18 PM
CF Beginner

Default 07 silverado crew seat

I have a 07 Silverado Crew with buckets. The only problem is the seat covers on the front seats keep coming loose from the frame. Has anyone else had a problem like this. Other than that awesome truck.
Old August 24th, 2009, 7:57 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2007 Silverado

Newbie here and GM owner.

I traded my 05 F-150 on an 07 Silverado 1500 LS. The new GM truck has 19k miles on it with no mods.

Major complaint is fuel economy - 13 MPG overall. The F-150 got 15 MPG overall. I'm not a speeder or do I drive like a teenager.

The cloth seats are a major lint and dirt magnent.

Speakers are terrible. Lights on dash are very dim during the day. Many rattles also.

The unit came with a tow package, wrong. I was told by dealer and RV dealer that my truck with tow package is not really set up to tow.

I guess I wish I would have bought another Ford, but I wanted On-Star and that feature is not offered by Ford or other manufacturers.
Old August 25th, 2009, 10:20 AM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have almost 15,000 on my 07 2500hd i bought brand new in dec of 08. only things ive had i had a bad plug wire and im starting to notice my front wheels seem toed out. tires look new on the inside but hte outside is wearing hard. gonna see if the dealership wheel give me an alignment for free. its always felt like the front was floatong and pulls to the right a lil more than it should. other than that i love the truck
Old August 25th, 2009, 9:00 PM
CF Active Member

My 07 LTZ 6.0L Crew Cab short box has been a dream much better than my 2005 2500HD 6.0L. The only problems were/are a battery that went dead after 15Min. listening to the radio (Warranty at 22,000 miles) two broken GM bug shields same place for both, & the paint does suck thanks goverment. After 29,000 miles & 2 & 1/2 years I average 14.0 highway & city (most of it in the city) & it tows my 29' tt or my 26' car trailer just fine, but milage goes to about 8. Just like anything else some are better than others. I know some who love theirs & some who hate it. Ford has the same problems as does Dodge.
Old February 10th, 2013, 12:15 PM
CF Beginner

I have major problems!! Reduced engine power into limp mode. At dealer now can not find problem. Changed throttle control sensor, 1 glow plug, and ecg valve? Still same problem. They did find it caked with carbon inside!! Cleaned it but no changes. Any ideas out there?? Truck has been great until now. 124,000 miles. HOWEVER, first trip (when brand new) it was in a snow storm it shut down to limp mode same message REP. Brought to dealer they reset a sensor on transmission supposedly had been recalled. They reimbursed me for trip and never had any problem untill now. But now its DEAD. Limp mode! Please HELP!! Need my truck. SAL( 2007 cheverolet silver ado 3500hd loaded)

Last edited by sioirio; February 10th, 2013 at 12:17 PM. Reason: year of truck

Quick Reply: 2007 Chev Silverado....Any problems?