Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

2007 Silverado Problems

Search this Thread

Old December 2nd, 2012, 5:12 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Silverado Problems

Hi All, New to the Forum...I have a 2007 Silverado Ext. Cab 5.3 purchased new with the 5 yr extended warranty that expired in Sept 2012, have had it in & out of the dealership here in Utah since July with electrical problems. It first started with the Clock re-setting and cd's shuffling ...they said bad radio so had a new one put in,went to pick it up and on the way home the power door locks started locking/unlocking,gauges flipping back & forth,losing engine power...limped back to dealer,next day they said it was weak voltage from the fuel pump and a bad cable so they installed Module Kit 03107-CT/ Fuse 08965-BOPCKT & Cable 02342-CT @ only 365.00 out the door including radio on the extended warranty...drove home fine, next morning it would not start..ten minutes later it started & I went to autozone to have the battery checked they said a bad cell in the battery I bought from them in Mar.2012 so another new battery installed Aug.2012. In August CD's started shuffling again/clock resets...29 Aug thru 12 Sept dealer had it with nothing done other than them driving it to replicate something so I picked it up. Numerous clock reset/CD's shuffling/AC turning on when starting the truck. Dropped it off 8 Oct....finally called them on the 19th to see if the truck got stolen...they said its ready and had to change the MEGA Fuse. 27 Oct clock reset ...to date AC turns on /CD's shuffle and intermittent no power, so has anyone else experienced this with their truck...a friend has a 2009 also with the same problems. Sorry for the long post.
Old December 2nd, 2012, 5:37 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

I'd camp on the dealers doorstep. Yes your extended warrenty expired in September. These issues where under warrenty, and not resolved.
Old December 3rd, 2012, 2:28 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Mikal,

I’m sorry you continue to experience these issues with your truck. Have you had the vehicle inspected for this latest occurrence? Have you contacted Customer Service regarding this issue? If so, do you have a case number?

If not, I would be happy to look into this further for you. Please PM me the following information: your full name, address, phone number, vehicle mileage, VIN and the name and city of your dealer.

I look forward to your reply.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old December 9th, 2012, 2:12 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2007 .

When I go to shut my truck off usually the radio stays on until I open my door. Lately there have been times that the second I shut the key off everything shuts off right away. When I go to start the truck back up the radio time is reset to 1200 and the temperature is at 23. The CD player has never worked but the CD begins to shuffle at this happens as well.
Old December 10th, 2012, 11:30 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Bris01
When I go to shut my truck off usually the radio stays on until I open my door. Lately there have been times that the second I shut the key off everything shuts off right away. When I go to start the truck back up the radio time is reset to 1200 and the temperature is at 23. The CD player has never worked but the CD begins to shuffle at this happens as well.
Dropped the truck off Friday @ the Dealer...they found a voltage drop @ the Junction Block which is under the Fuse Box under the Hood, its called Block 2.483 P/N 19210438, drove around this weekend & didn't experience any resets/cd's shuffling/or periods of no power....nor writing that off as the fix just yet...just hoping that was the fix...you can look at that tho...follow the pos cable to the block and wiggle it at that point to see if you get a power interruption.