Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Oil Leak

Search this Thread

Old October 26th, 2012, 9:12 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil Leak again-Chevrolet quality strikes again

Hey JMBrr,

If you haven't found out already, it's probably your transmission leaking. You can see my threads on here concerning my 2012 Silverado,1500, well-driven truck with just 17K on the engine. Huge oil leak, all over the underside, thought it might be the oil filter, pan, something but it was the transmission. On the good side, I will say GO Chevrolet, Westminster, CO., did a great and quick job cleaning the area (I told them to so I could see if that was the only leak when they were done) and repairing the problem, just 2.5 days, and a loaner car, but that was because the loaner car is covered under warranty, not just a nice gesture from the dealer. Now, you're going to read all those defending GM products as if all other types have the same type of idiotic problems that Chevrolet does, not so. I'm just waiting to trade mine in for a nice Toyota or Nissan. We all know but all those lugnut heads here will deny that they're built better, tighter (no friggin squeaks in a new truck, like Chevy) resale is tremendous vs. GM (duh, wonder why) and bottom line, GM should have had to gone through bankruptcy period to get their act together. The Chevy Volt that has sold exactly 4 (a few more but not many) across the US, costs you and I, the taxpayer over $130,000 each (do some research before arguing this, this is what your bailout money paid for and the Volt is crap) and the new owner, $29K-40K for a car that is unfortunately still a GM product. Toyota, Honda and others are having trouble selling their Hybrids and they're made 10x better than the (re)Volt(ing). Bottom line, GM is still putting out cars made at 65% quality, selling for 110% of actual value (300% for the Volt) and the day you drive it off the lot, they lose 35-50% of their ridiculous marked up dealer value. Good luck on your leak and your truck, hopefully you got the ***** Wonka Golden ticket GM truck that might actually have been built with 100% quality!
Old October 26th, 2012, 3:10 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by JMBrr
Yesterday I went to change the oil in my 2010 Chevy 1500 4.3L 21k miles and noticed oil all over the bottom of the engine and bell housing. Took it to the dealer today and they could not tell me what the cause is so I left it there w/ them and they gave me a loaner.

I have a feeling it is the same problem. I am not happy to say the least.
GM Tech- What is involed in the gaskets replacement and how long should it take once the part is in?
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> JMBrr,

I'm sorry you are experiencing this issue with your truck. Please keep us posted of the results of your dealer.

If you need additional assistance or have questions, please feel free to contact me privately.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old December 4th, 2012, 7:16 PM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by kswat4
The Chevy Volt that has sold exactly 4 (a few more but not many) across the US, costs you and I, the taxpayer over $130,000 each (do some research before arguing this, this is what your bailout money paid for and the Volt is crap) and the new owner, $29K-40K for a car that is unfortunately still a GM product. Toyota, Honda and others are having trouble selling their Hybrids and they're made 10x better than the (re)Volt(ing). Bottom line, GM is still putting out cars made at 65% quality, selling for 110% of actual value (300% for the Volt) and the day you drive it off the lot, they lose 35-50% of their ridiculous marked up dealer value. Good luck on your leak and your truck, hopefully you got the ***** Wonka Golden ticket GM truck that might actually have been built with 100% quality!
You really are pulling these statistics out of your ***. The Chevy volt sells like candy at my dealership. We are constantly moving these cars. I'm the only volt certified tech at my dealer so I get to see every single one. You need to stop spouting bull**** statistics. The money that bailed out GM mostly just covered retirement plans for the employees. And a good chunk of the cost of a new GM product goes straight there. The volt isn't costing you as a tax payer anything. Ignorant fools like you really **** me off. Before you read and quote a statistic, please go to a dealer, and ask to see their records... There is no car in the us that has sold less than 1000 units since the 50s unless it was a special edition and only a certain amount were made. Now I'm not saying any one make or model is better than the other. But your ignorance saying other brands don't have the same flaws... Is well, asinine.... I'm not coming back to this thread next time I stop by because it has turned into a make bashing thread rather than an informative one and the statistics listed by some of the posters are incredibly unrealistic.
Old December 4th, 2012, 7:39 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by GM_tech92
You really are pulling these statistics out of your ***. The Chevy volt sells like candy at my dealership. We are constantly moving these cars. I'm the only volt certified tech at my dealer so I get to see every single one. You need to stop spouting bull**** statistics. The money that bailed out GM mostly just covered retirement plans for the employees. And a good chunk of the cost of a new GM product goes straight there. The volt isn't costing you as a tax payer anything. Ignorant fools like you really **** me off. Before you read and quote a statistic, please go to a dealer, and ask to see their records... There is no car in the us that has sold less than 1000 units since the 50s unless it was a special edition and only a certain amount were made. Now I'm not saying any one make or model is better than the other. But your ignorance saying other brands don't have the same flaws... Is well, asinine.... I'm not coming back to this thread next time I stop by because it has turned into a make bashing thread rather than an informative one and the statistics listed by some of the posters are incredibly unrealistic.
Dosen't this belong in the volt thread? Isn't it GM not opening the volt factory in Ohio due to sales, think it's volt? Think it is cruze

Last edited by kevinkpk; December 4th, 2012 at 7:56 PM. Reason: Think it is cruze
Old December 4th, 2012, 8:40 PM
CF Beginner

Just found the same leak on my 2012 with 4125 miles on it did that solve the problem?
Old December 4th, 2012, 8:50 PM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by kevinkpk
Dosen't this belong in the volt thread? Isn't it GM not opening the volt factory in Ohio due to sales, think it's volt? Think it is cruze
Yes, the volt sales are lower than projected, and we are cutting production. But in certain areas the volt does fairly well in sales.. That was my point. And my point with that last post was to adress the crazy statistics being posted here... And the fact that the thread is no longer on topic but rather about bashing and promoting brands.

Last edited by GM_tech92; December 4th, 2012 at 8:52 PM.
Old December 4th, 2012, 8:57 PM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by Trex5001
Just found the same leak on my 2012 with 4125 miles on it did that solve the problem?
have you taken it you your dealer? When did you purchase your truck?? There's an extreme correlation between the leak and time spent on the lot.. I still find it odd that there are this many people complaining, but I have only seen 2 at low mileage... And I work at a dealership with the top sales in my region...
Old December 5th, 2012, 9:07 AM
CF Beginner

Sorry to hear you're leaving us Kev, but that sounds about right since you can't take the heat, only hear what you want to hear and only read what you want to read and only choose to read the GM propaganda newsletter for your information. Yes, you're right the ReVolt has sold more than 4, not many more though (as I jokingly stated but you took as fact...kev, you really need to branch out of your closet reading materials section) but YES, it is costing the American taxpayer over $130K per subsidized car (I wish I were pulling these stats out of my kevin, but they're real, please do some REAL research) and even if we agree to disagree my friend and despite all your garbage defense statements, the ReVolt will go the way of ALL other futile attempts of GM to try and do something right for the American public. They've had an electric car for over 3 decades in mothballs, used that ancient technology to milk billions from the bailout, and all of a sudden within months, they pull the reVolt, again out of their kevin, and viola, instant electric shi- car to temporarily justify they billions they stole and now need to repay not the government, BUT THE US TAXPAYER AS A PRIVATE BUSINESS THAT WAS NOT TOO BIG TO FAIL AND NEEDED TO SO THEY COULD GET A REALITY CHECK OF THE REAL WORLD! Despite what you and I say, the ReVolt will be dead in 3 years but fortunately with you being the only ReVolt technician you can still get a job repairing lawnmowers and freezers, home sized, not industrial freezers. Good luck kev, you're going to need it.
Old December 5th, 2012, 9:53 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Trex5001,

I’m sorry you are experiencing a leak with your truck. Have you had the vehicle inspected for this issue yet?

Please feel free to contact me privately if you need additional assistance.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old December 6th, 2012, 7:43 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by GM_tech92
have you taken it you your dealer? When did you purchase your truck?? There's an extreme correlation between the leak and time spent on the lot.. I still find it odd that there are this many people complaining, but I have only seen 2 at low mileage... And I work at a dealership with the top sales in my region...
At the dealer the tech said oil pan leak should pick it up today hope everything works out ill keep every one posted on this matter

Quick Reply: 2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Oil Leak