Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Oil Leak

Search this Thread

Old December 7th, 2012, 6:14 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default silverado oil leak

Originally Posted by Trex5001
At the dealer the tech said oil pan leak should pick it up today hope everything works out ill keep every one posted on this matter
I picked the truck back today with a bill for a oil change that include a labor cost for something they had to do anyway Whats up with that!!!!!
Labor for oil change when you drop the pan???

Last edited by Trex5001; December 9th, 2012 at 12:19 PM.
Old December 8th, 2012, 5:19 PM
CF Veteran

ask them not us
Old December 8th, 2012, 5:50 PM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by Trex5001
I picked the truck back today with a bill for a oil change that include a labor cost for something they had to do anyway Whats up with that!!!!!
Labor for oil change when you drop the pan???
Did you dispute it before you paid? That sounds odd... Although I never deal with the money end outside of knowing how many hours I'm getting for each job... But typically an oil/filter change is typically part of an oil pan reseal....
Old December 10th, 2012, 11:46 AM
CF Beginner

Angry Truck still leaking!!!! Its been months....

Wanted to post an update of all the difficulties I have been having:

Originally, I took my 2010 Chevy Silverado, 4.3l, in for an oil leak. They said it was the oil pan seal, so I left my car with them and the seal was replaced. When I picked up my vehicle they charged me for an oil change. As mentioned previously in this thread, the oil has to be changed when the oil pan is dropped. I decided I wouldn't dispute the charge because I wanted this to be done with and am not the kind of person to cause a fuss.

Much to my disappointment, by the time I got home from the dealership there was still oil dripping from underneath my car, which I could smell from inside the car from it burning on the exhaust.

I then returned to car to again to the dealership about a week later and this time they said it was the real main seal between the engine and transmission. I dropped the car off at the beginning of November, around the 5th. On November 22 i received a call that my truck was finished. I inquired as to why it took so long as I was told that the car had been ready since November 9th but somehow I was never called an told to pick up the vehicle.

I arrived to pick up my car for the second time. The vehicle has set for almost 3 weeks, the battery was low and the car had not been washed and so it was covered in crap from sitting for weeks. I picked up the vehicle and on my way to to my house I stopped to get gas. MY TRUCK WOULD NO START and I had to get a jump. By the time I got home I smelled oil burning again. Again, i looked under the car and saw oil splattered everywhere.

So I called the dealership and reported that the problem persists. The dealership now has NO LOANER VEHICLES and so I am waiting on standby for them to call for over a week. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!

By the way: My driveway and office space are now covered with oil. THANKS!

I AM SO AGGRAVATED I AM READY TO SELL THE VEHICLE AND LEAVE CHEVROLET FOR LIFE!

Just a note: My grandfather worked on the GM assemebly line for 35 years and I have always been a Chevy man. UNLESS SOMETHING CHANGES I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER CHEVORLET OR GM PRODUCT AGAIN!

That my rant for today. I am sure there will be much more to come! Ill keep you posted.
Old December 11th, 2012, 9:23 AM
CF Beginner

Default Just wait for all the losers to come out of the woodwork saying this is normal

Good luck on getting your truck fixed. Unfortunately Chevy and GM still refuse to admit they're still putting junk on the street, especially that crap car ReVolting (right kev)? By the way, I was wrong kev...the revolt is not costing the taxpayer $135K per car, but over $250K when you factor in the bailout money, REGARDLESS IF IT WENT TO PAY GM PENSIONS AS YOU IGNORANTLY SAY AS IF THAT MAKES IT OK...IT'S STILL LOST MONEY TO THOSE WHO PAY TAXES!! As for your Chevrolet truck I know what you mean...within the last 6 months, I owned, not leased or borrowed, a 2012 Silverado AND a 2012 Chevrolet Colorado just to give GM one more try and guess what, they're both GONE. Took a hit on both but could NOT keep them knowing that me and my family depended on them running in extreme weather...I knew they would not, that I would keep having to take them back to the dealer for maintenance and now, I do NOT own any GM product or ever will again. Sad days in the USA...GM still putting out crap and idiots like those on this site still trying to defend their crap products instead of letting GM know we are sick of ALL their shell games, it's time to do the RIGHT THING GM AND START MAKING A GOOD, QUALITY, AFFORDABLE AND LASTING PRODUCT, PERIOD AND NOT DEPENDING ON THE AMERICAN TAXPAYER TO BAIL YOU OUT FOR YOUR INCOMPETENCE!
Old December 11th, 2012, 1:28 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by JMBrr
Wanted to post an update of all the difficulties I have been having:

Originally, I took my 2010 Chevy Silverado, 4.3l, in for an oil leak. They said it was the oil pan seal, so I left my car with them and the seal was replaced. When I picked up my vehicle they charged me for an oil change. As mentioned previously in this thread, the oil has to be changed when the oil pan is dropped. I decided I wouldn't dispute the charge because I wanted this to be done with and am not the kind of person to cause a fuss.

Much to my disappointment, by the time I got home from the dealership there was still oil dripping from underneath my car, which I could smell from inside the car from it burning on the exhaust.

I then returned to car to again to the dealership about a week later and this time they said it was the real main seal between the engine and transmission. I dropped the car off at the beginning of November, around the 5th. On November 22 i received a call that my truck was finished. I inquired as to why it took so long as I was told that the car had been ready since November 9th but somehow I was never called an told to pick up the vehicle.

I arrived to pick up my car for the second time. The vehicle has set for almost 3 weeks, the battery was low and the car had not been washed and so it was covered in crap from sitting for weeks. I picked up the vehicle and on my way to to my house I stopped to get gas. MY TRUCK WOULD NO START and I had to get a jump. By the time I got home I smelled oil burning again. Again, i looked under the car and saw oil splattered everywhere.

So I called the dealership and reported that the problem persists. The dealership now has NO LOANER VEHICLES and so I am waiting on standby for them to call for over a week. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!

By the way: My driveway and office space are now covered with oil. THANKS!

I AM SO AGGRAVATED I AM READY TO SELL THE VEHICLE AND LEAVE CHEVROLET FOR LIFE!

Just a note: My grandfather worked on the GM assemebly line for 35 years and I have always been a Chevy man. UNLESS SOMETHING CHANGES I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER CHEVORLET OR GM PRODUCT AGAIN!

That my rant for today. I am sure there will be much more to come! Ill keep you posted.
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> JMBrr.

I am sorry you continue to experience this issue with your truck. Have you contacted Customer Service regarding this issue? If so, would you please PM me your case number so I can look into this further for you?

If not, I would like to start a case for you. Would you please PM me the following information: your full name, address, phone number, vehicle mileage, VIN and the name and city of your dealer.

I look forward to your reply.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old July 4th, 2014, 2:10 PM
CF Beginner

It happened again… the oil leak has returned at 33500 miles. Same place, not a great feeling to be summer traveling and have this going south again and again.
Old August 26th, 2014, 6:15 PM
CF Beginner

I just bought my 2011 Silverado used, with only 6,000 miles on it, and I have the same exact oil leak.

Not happy, just need to get it back to the dealer, and see what they do.
Old August 26th, 2014, 6:38 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by wilkin4
I just bought my 2011 Silverado used, with only 6,000 miles on it, and I have the same exact oil leak.

Not happy, just need to get it back to the dealer, and see what they do.
Hi Wilkin,

I'm sorry you are experiencing this concern with an oil leak in your Silverado. I see that you mentioned you'd be taking it into the dealership. If we can offer any additional assistance, don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Thank you,

Andraya (assisting Patsy)
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old August 27th, 2014, 5:46 PM
CF Beginner

My truck was certified by the dealer, and qualified for two more years on the warranty including scheduled maintenance.

Can you check the VIN number to see if this is true ????

Quick Reply: 2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Oil Leak