Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

2011 Silverado

Search this Thread

Old October 19th, 2010, 5:08 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 Silverado

I have a 2011 Silverado I put my cap on it from my 2008 Siverado and it would not fit because of the extended plastic ledge they put on the tailgates. I have taken it off and cap fits fine, I am having a piece of diamond plate made to wrap around the edge of the tailgate and cover the punch outs in the metal and bolt holes under the ledge. I'll let you know how that works out. But the problem that I really need help on is I wired the brake light on the cap to the left side taillight and I must have touched the power to groung and at this point I have no brake light and signal on that side I checked all the fuses in the fuse box under the hood with no luck doesanyone know if there is another fuse somewere else. The right side works fine
Old October 19th, 2010, 5:37 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mmcgill
I have a 2011 Silverado I put my cap on it from my 2008 Siverado and it would not fit because of the extended plastic ledge they put on the tailgates. I have taken it off and cap fits fine, I am having a piece of diamond plate made to wrap around the edge of the tailgate and cover the punch outs in the metal and bolt holes under the ledge. I'll let you know how that works out. But the problem that I really need help on is I wired the brake light on the cap to the left side taillight and I must have touched the power to groung and at this point I have no brake light and signal on that side I checked all the fuses in the fuse box under the hood with no luck doesanyone know if there is another fuse somewere else. The right side works fine
You may already know this, but they make a plastic cap to replace std one for bed covers/tops.