Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Old July 29th, 2015, 2:14 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Wheels and Tires
Print Wikipost

2011 Silverado Vibration = Rough Ride.

Search this Thread

Old March 22nd, 2013, 2:34 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sweet
Old March 24th, 2013, 4:48 AM
CF Beginner

Finally, after 6 months of aggrivation from being the proud owner of a new Silverado-all the issueshave been resolved. The BBB ruled in myfavor and deamed the truck a LEMON- GM was ordered to repurchase the vehicle.

The arbitrator found that “while the shaking was not bone rattling, it was significant enough not to constitute a minor irritant or annoyance”. And, “ The shaking affectsthe cars use and value, even if it isn’t a dramatic driveability issue”. “The issue of shakiness is thus a substantial impairment”. This truck also met the lemon standards, by repair attempts and time out of service.

Besides the shaking/vibration, I really liked this truck. The day that I turned it back into the dealer, I test drove three more trucks, all drove reasonably well. I was ready to buy another, however, the dealer obviously had a bad attitude about having to take the old truck back. And, showed no consideration for all the trouble,
inconvienience and aggrivation that I had been through.

Last edited by jfg4000; March 24th, 2013 at 4:51 AM.
Old March 24th, 2013, 11:10 AM
CF Beginner

Headed down the BBB path as well. Talked to the Dealer after following the adminstrative part of the KS Lemon Law Rules and the Dealer laughed: said 'ha ha we've never had a vehicle returned through that process so good luck with that'. So, similar to your approach, my Atty said to go the BBB route versus 1:1 in court. Might not win but you'll make sure everyone knows... Kind of a change or increased activity with my vehicle. Have 10K on it now. What was a vibration and bounce at 65 - 70 is now vibration from idle on up to the higher end of highway speeds and increased bounce in the 60's and 70's. 2012 Chev Ext Cab Silverado 1500 w/5.3L. DO NOT PURCHASE one even if the dealer says they'll fix the bounce during the test drive and immediately after. They lie and they know they won't fix it. I took the truck to another dealer for service. I didn't even get the words all the way out of my mouth about vibration. The service manager said there isn't anything Chevy will do about it. He went for a ride with me and said - there is no way we would have sold you this vehicle. So - bad for my dealer, good for consumers - at least there are some trustworthy folks still out there. Bad for GM - my wife just bought a Jeep Grand Cherokee. Traded in what had been a great Trailblazer.
Old March 26th, 2013, 11:06 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by pearl
It is sorry to say, but no one at Chevrolete cares they no they have a problem and arnt going to fix it. They show little concern for the customer and why should they, they have the 2012 to unload, uh sell, we paid all this money for these trucks and once you sign on the line you my friend are screwed, they tell me just bring it back and we will take a look at it. Just like that take off work, spend my money, use my gas, put miles on my new truck just to be told we will get back to you. I get a feeling when I finaly get tired of taking it back or there is 40,000 miles on it it may get fixed. I suggest every one get together and lets file a class action lawsuit. Hopefully this will jump start an American car company to do the right thing.
I have same trk but a 2012 and at 6000 miles same issues I contacted Mr Louis and got same answer I have had my trk in the dealership several times they first said it was drive line issues and replaced rear propeller shaft no change, 2nd' 3rd, 4th time said tire issue they force road balanced several times no change I changed tires out 3 times no change 5th, said no issues found B.S, 6th time asked for service manager to ride along he acknowledged vibration said he would not give up and to let him research and he would call me, 7th time he said that GM said to take off stock running boards and put 6bags of concrete in bed they did and no change also took tires and rims off a 2013 on lot still no change in excessive vibration service manager said be patient that he would continue to research and that he drove a 2013 and he stated it had more vibration that mine as if that make it OK I finally contacted the BBB and awaiting a resolution all I know is I spent 370000 for a new trk and got a defective trk also they have never really addressed the rough shifting when trans down shifts but I see there are others that seem to have the same issues with the excessive vibration and hard down shifting not sure what the outcome will be but GM needs to make it right has anyone have any guidance on how to start a class action against GM at this point I am interested due to the fact GM needs be held accountable for the quality of trk they are selling to people.

2012 Silverado US Army
Old March 26th, 2013, 11:10 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by mild mannered mike
Headed down the BBB path as well. Talked to the Dealer after following the adminstrative part of the KS Lemon Law Rules and the Dealer laughed: said 'ha ha we've never had a vehicle returned through that process so good luck with that'. So, similar to your approach, my Atty said to go the BBB route versus 1:1 in court. Might not win but you'll make sure everyone knows... Kind of a change or increased activity with my vehicle. Have 10K on it now. What was a vibration and bounce at 65 - 70 is now vibration from idle on up to the higher end of highway speeds and increased bounce in the 60's and 70's. 2012 Chev Ext Cab Silverado 1500 w/5.3L. DO NOT PURCHASE one even if the dealer says they'll fix the bounce during the test drive and immediately after. They lie and they know they won't fix it. I took the truck to another dealer for service. I didn't even get the words all the way out of my mouth about vibration. The service manager said there isn't anything Chevy will do about it. He went for a ride with me and said - there is no way we would have sold you this vehicle. So - bad for my dealer, good for consumers - at least there are some trustworthy folks still out there. Bad for GM - my wife just bought a Jeep Grand Cherokee. Traded in what had been a great Trailblazer.
I have same trk but a 2012 and at 6000 miles same issues I contacted Mr Louis and got same answer I have had my trk in the dealership several times they first said it was drive line issues and replaced rear propeller shaft no change, 2nd' 3rd, 4th time said tire issue they force road balanced several times no change I changed tires out 3 times no change 5th, said no issues found B.S, 6th time asked for service manager to ride along he acknowledged vibration said he would not give up and to let him research and he would call me, 7th time he said that GM said to take off stock running boards and put 6bags of concrete in bed they did and no change also took tires and rims off a 2013 on lot still no change in excessive vibration service manager said be patient that he would continue to research and that he drove a 2013 and he stated it had more vibration that mine as if that make it OK I finally contacted the BBB and awaiting a resolution all I know is I spent 370000 for a new trk and got a defective trk also they have never really addressed the rough shifting when trans down shifts but I see there are others that seem to have the same issues with the excessive vibration and hard down shifting not sure what the outcome will be but GM needs to make it right has anyone have any guidance on how to start a class action against GM at this point I am interested due to the fact GM needs be held accountable for the quality of trk they are selling to people.

2012 Silverado US Army
Old March 26th, 2013, 11:35 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Mario Rangel
I have the same problem with the steering vibration when acceleration at any RPMs, the truck only has 4k miles and no it did not do it when I picked it up new, I can feel the vibration on the steering when I step on the gas.
I brought it to the dealer and they came back with nothing, they said it is normal and that GM is aware of it, that other truck do it too.
What do I do ? Please help!!
I spent all my savings for the down payment and I do not have tons of money that I can just trade it in for something else and loose money, and I do not want to drive something that is not as when I picked up new. 2 yrs ago I owned a 1968 chevy truck that I purchased for $800.00 farm truck and I mean farm truck that was never restored AND THE RIDE WAS 100% SMOOTHER THAN THIS $40,OOO.00 2011 SILVERADO

Please advise.
2012 Silverado ext 4x4 Z71 I have had my trk in the dealership several times they first said it was drive line issues and replaced rear propeller shaft no change, 2nd' 3rd, 4th time said tire issue they force road balanced several times no change I changed tires out 3 times no change 5th, said no issues found B.S, 6th time asked for service manager to ride along he acknowledged vibration said he would not give up and to let him research and he would call me, 7th time he said that GM said to take off stock running boards and put 6bags of concrete in bed they did and no change also took tires and rims off a 2013 on lot still no change in excessive vibration service manager said be patient that he would continue to research and that he drove a 2013 and he stated it had more vibration that mine as if that make it OK I finally contacted the BBB and awaiting a resolution all I know is I spent 370000 for a new trk and got a defective trk also they have never really addressed the rough shifting when trans down shifts but I see there are others that seem to have the same issues with the excessive vibration and hard down shifting not sure what the outcome will be but GM needs to make it right has anyone have any guidance on how to start a class action against GM at this point I am interested due to the fact GM needs be held accountable for the quality of trk they are selling to people.

2012 Silverado US Army
Old March 27th, 2013, 9:29 PM
CF Beginner

Vin 1GCRKSE70CZ229779 my 2012 Silverado 4x4 Z71 has an excessive vibration 62+MPH the worst is at 75 MPH this started around 6000 miles I have given been the dealer serv dept several attempt to correct the unacceptable issues I now have 21000 miles and awaiting for the BBB guidance.

2012 Silverado
Old March 27th, 2013, 10:38 PM
CF Beginner

bought the same trk same issues that started about 6k, I had trk in several times to get vibration corrected no luck yet I now have 21000k and waiting an answer from the BBB I recommend you file with them if you have gave the dealership several attempts to correct the unacceptable vibrations that several people are experiencing.

2012 Silverado
US Army
Old March 27th, 2013, 11:03 PM
CF Beginner

At this time I wouldn't recommend a Silverado I purchased a 2012 Silverado ext cab 4x4 Z71 at about 6000k it developed an excessive vibration its been a long 8months been in the shop several times still no fix to date I finally contacted the BBB never taught I would ever say this but after reading all of peoples post on here the quality of GM is going down the drain I recommend you rent your next truck for a weekend be for making a purchase good luck.

2012 Silverado
US Army
Old March 27th, 2013, 11:30 PM
CF Beginner

Todd I have been dealing with this for 8month in and out of the dealer serv dept. Several times I purchased a 2012 Silverado ext cab 4x4 z71 new at about 6000k the vibration started still no fix current 21000 the last 15000k has really made me really second guess GM standards of trks and customer service waiting response fro the BBB just be prepared to contact them and keep all document of all repairs and attempt to repair CYA.

Quick Reply: 2011 Silverado Vibration = Rough Ride.