Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Old July 29th, 2015, 2:14 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Wheels and Tires
Print Wikipost

2011 Silverado Vibration = Rough Ride.

Search this Thread

Old August 13th, 2012, 8:26 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Our Prayers are with you Spongjim5

My update is as follows.

I finally had the District manager drive my truck, he only bothered to go 22 km so I doubt he even went on the highway with mine.
He said it is normal but authorised new tires to be installed (Michelline LTX M/S2) nice high quality tires. they were installed last Wednesay I told my service manager that I would'nt be driving unti friday but on the short drive home felt that the vibration was still evident.

I went on a 250 KM drive Friday morning and during the drive on the highway the vibration was very noticeable.
one thing that I did notice was after doing a three point turn from reverse to drive something was grinding.

I returned to the dealership and had the shop foreman go for a drive with me and guess what!!!! everytime I shifted the grinding was evident< I had to be on a slight incline for it to happen but it was their everytime.

Now my truck is back in for about the tenth time.

I spoke to GM head office this morning and my CCC rep is contacting the dealer.

I told him that I have had ENOUGH!!!
Old August 13th, 2012, 4:49 PM
CF Junior Member

Timsmish,thank you. I can tell you now that you will not have much luck dealing with GM either . It is time to get ugly now , I worked at GM dealerships for over twenty years ,so I know all the BS excuses they tell customers when they dont know what else to do or just dont want to work on a customers vechicle. This forum is nothing but a way for all the customers to tell each other about the piece of junk we spent way too much for,GM dont know what to do to fix this problem and are just guessing and throwing parts at the trucks . If GM wants to prove me wrong feel free to actually fix one of these trucks. I havent heard from them in over two months now and the dealership doesnt want to talk after I told them I wouldnt be lying for them on the email surveys. They dont get their bonuses if they get too many bad feedbacks so fill out your surveys . Dont fall for the free tank of gas or free oil change for a completely satisfied survey . Tell the truth. You would be amazed at the BS they pull. I can speak for myself ,family and all my friends who have followed this problem WE WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER GM PRODUCT AGAIN. My wife just bought a new ford Fusion and I am looking to trade for a Toyota.
Old August 17th, 2012, 4:42 PM
CF Beginner

My truck has been in the shop since Friday of last week, They called today and said I may have it back by Monday.

they had it completly ripped apart, Diff was in pieces on the
bench (looked New), Drive shaft and rear axles were out, Tranny pan was off (clean fluid in it),
I spoke to the Tech and he said he had no idea what was causing the issue, he said they are TRYING new cutch pack to see if that helps....

I am tired of having them guess what the issues might be, Oh and they took back my new Michelines because they didnt help..

I also spoke to my GM CCC rep and told him again I want the truck bought back, he said he would look into it and said I may be able to but not for what I paid, It would be a depreciated value if it happens at all.

I have started a case with
Canadian Motor Vehicle Arbitration Plan

I sure hope this helps me and everyone else with these issues
</HGROUP>
Old August 18th, 2012, 7:20 AM
CF Junior Member

I cant say anything bad about your dealership ,they are at least trying different things to try and help. The problem lies with GM ,they tried to tell me there wasnt a problem with the truck and after they let it slip that they had several reports of the vibration ,now its a problem. Ok lets address the deprecation issue, I am not sure about your truck but mine has vibrated since the day I took it home,and I didnt get to adjust the payments as I am sure you havent been able to either . That being said why shouldnt they pay the full amount for the truck back ? I have driven several other new GM trucks from several dealerships and they ALL vibrate at the same speed. There is a problem and they know it but they dont have a clue how to fix it . You notice they dont post on this thread anymore ????? They send out engineers in their suit and ties to look over the techs shoulder and tell him what they want him to throw at the problem and tell you its fixed after they give up . Oh and better yet the engineers are not true GM employees they are sub contracted by GM . This was directly from their mouth while the district rep was standing there.I like the new sales program ,The love it or bring it back! Well boys where you want this SOB parked? I started out just wanting my truck fixed ,now I want it gone ! I have been in contact with the local news and they are going around town trying out the trucks . The cat is out of the bag boys ,you are going to have to deal with this issue one day and Obama wont be able to bail your butt out of this one. I know GM is reading these posts so how about a update on what you are doing to try to fix this complaint?? I see you guys posting on here all the time to get people to take their vechicles to certified dealerships .We deserve a update ,you got our hard earned money thats the least you can do, Or are we all just crazy and the problem everyone is having a normal driving condition ?
Old August 19th, 2012, 8:28 AM
CF Beginner

Default tires, tires

got truck back saturday, been in shop nearly 2 weeks, district sup, came in said defintely problem they decided michlin tires drove with tech seems to be better, been talking to chevy everyday, they are trying, good luck everybody, my dealer is serra in jackson tn
Old August 21st, 2012, 1:12 PM
CF Junior Member

Well you guys are on your own ,I went today and ordered me a new Toyota truck . I got tired of GM and their B.S. I also am happy to say my dad is going to look at my new truck and trade in his tahoe to get him a new Toyota ,my mother wants a new Toyota car and two of my sisters are thinking about of trading in their GM products for toyota . I worked for a GM dealership for 24 years and bought two new cars EVERY year ,but I will never buy another GM product again . My friends and family have sworn off them forever also after seeing how crappy they handled this problem . Good luck to all you guys , I hope you have better luck then I did .
Old August 30th, 2012, 7:52 AM
CF Beginner

Default Chevy2012vibration

Chevy2012vibration
Old August 30th, 2012, 1:53 PM
CF Junior Member

My new Toyota rides smooth as glass. Good luck trying to get any help with gm . I gave up and traded . Thanks for nothing GM !!!!!
Old September 11th, 2012, 7:29 AM
CF Beginner

Default 2012 Vibration

Hello All,
I've been reading in this forum for a while, and had really hoped to find a light at the end of the tunnel, however like most of you I seem to be in an endless loop.

I've got a 2012 Silverado 6.2 LTZ Crew Cab 4x4 that I bought as a Dealership Demo in June. Since then I have had multiple issues with the truck with no resolution. I noticed a Vibration in the truck on my way home after purchase. The truck went back, they balanced (road force), indexed and rotated the tires. Still had the same Vibration (and shimmy in the steering wheel). Took it back, they said they fixed it again (this time they blamed the balancer not being calibrated). During this time I also noticed the DIC intermittently was not working. Of course the issue with the DIC would work fine for them, I shot a video with my phone of it not working and showed them. If it's not broke when they have it, tough luck. The truck also runs very rough while at idle (both with the A/C on and off) It's got a very noticeable skip or miss again they can't replicate. So far it's been to the dealer 3 times for Vibration and rough idle and 2 times (at least) for the DIC. I called GM and spoke with someone about it, they claimed that if the dealer can't replicate they can't do anything for me, which is interesting since I just returned from a 600 mile trip in which both people that were riding with me asked me what the vibration was, and what was wrong with the motor.

I traded in a 2002 Avalanche for this truck and wished I would not have. I know the truck will never ride as good as the Avalanche due to the suspension differences, but I am sick of the Vibration, rough running and electronics not working. I can assure you, this will be my last GM.

Last edited by 2012Silverado; September 11th, 2012 at 8:09 AM.
Old September 12th, 2012, 7:32 AM
CF Beginner

I need your guys help. I am working with camvap arbitration as gm won't do anything for me. Is it possible for you guys to email me what your issues are and what your respective dealers have done/told you. I really want to have all of my eggs in a basket when I go for my hearing. My email is timallingham@rogers.com. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Ps I will post my recent update shortly you guys will be amazed

Quick Reply: 2011 Silverado Vibration = Rough Ride.