Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Old July 29th, 2015, 2:14 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Wheels and Tires
Print Wikipost

2011 Silverado Vibration = Rough Ride.

Search this Thread

Old September 26th, 2012, 9:11 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I haven't had time to post complaints, as I have been bouncing in my Silverado Pickup, back and forth to the hospital 27 days and counting. Every time I am trying to hold on the things rattling and falling out of trays, I am gritting my teeth and wishing I could stick this Pickup up someones a--! I get sick thinking how much I paid for this vehicle with the suspension so stiff, I would not dare take is off road, as it would be impossible to control on rough terrain.
Old September 27th, 2012, 9:40 AM
CF Junior Member

Just so you know my truck doesn't have any kind of nerf bar
But my solution was to sell my truck and I did
Don't think I'll own another GM truck ever
Good luck guys
Old September 27th, 2012, 12:33 PM
CF Junior Member

We need to start a list of people who have sold their truck because of this and what they bought , also if they EVER plan on buying another gm product.

Sold mine for a Toyota ,vibration ,and never buying another gm !!!!
Old September 28th, 2012, 6:37 AM
CF Beginner

Default Help

guys I really need your help,

I am meeting with CAMVAP (Arbitration) on oct 16 this meeting will involve me, the arbirator, and general motors.

I want to have my case prepared and could really use some help from you guy's

if you could email me your names, gm case number, VIN# of your trucks, and what gm has done to solve your Vibration issues it would really help our cause.

If you want to include a letter describing your issue that would probably be quite helpful as well

at least if one of us forces GM to buy back these lemons it could force them to actually do something for the rest of us.

my email is timallingham@rogers.com
Old September 28th, 2012, 8:35 AM
CF Beginner

Well I went out this morning to drive my daughter to school and go to work. I started my lemon and got low oil pressure, Service stabilitrac, service traction control, shut truck off. This along with yesterday tried to pass someone on the highway and hit the gas only to get a hard bang in truck the whole thing shook. Waiting on a tow truck AGAIN

Last edited by Timsmish; September 28th, 2012 at 10:42 AM.
Old September 29th, 2012, 9:08 AM
CF Beginner

Yesterday had to transport a radiator for my Peterbilt. The weight of 250 pounds. My 2011 Silverado Pickup vibrated and rode worse than ever. It is almost scarey. Again my thoughts are with suspension problem. It is too stiff.
Old September 29th, 2012, 12:12 PM
CF Beginner

Default rough ride 2011 dually cc

My name is patrick, hello all, I purchased SPONGJIM5 truck he traded in because of the unfixable vibration around 70 mph, after reopening the case with gm customer service I was instructed to take the truck back to Premier Chevrolet in Bessemer AL. I did not feel safe taking it back to them for more than one reason that was a saftey concern with the previous owner, but with no success Gm gave me no option. So i called them to set up an appointment, then they hung themselves and General Motors, The service manager said they have been instructed not to work on the $58000.00 dollar truck, The owner said 3 gm customer assistance techs said the truck was fixed and the area dealer rep said do not work on the vehical for vibration problems, this truck has 17000 mi on it and the acording to gm area rep do not work on it, now for the best part, i recorded this whole conversation and have it saved, Now Gm are you listening? fix the truck or replace it in a timely manner, my next post will be with the News, Facebook and every other online media posting site within my reach. Oh and I will be posting the mp3 of the conversation with your GM service shop and Mr. Vanhorsen with GM. After 42 Gm vehicals i have owned I must say you have changed, GM used to be Proud of the cars, and trucks thay built, What happened?

Patrick Vacarella
Old September 30th, 2012, 10:45 AM
CF Beginner

I still have my 2011 silverado,but in the spring its gone. Someone at GM should have kissed me when I bought this truck, my *** is still chapped from the trips I made to the dealership (over 15 trips at 25 miles per trip each way) do the math LOUIS. But Patrick how did you come by Spongejims truck an did they tell you there was a problem with the truck. Would a car fax reveal this or does the dealership not have to list he repeat times the vehicle has been worked on. I ask this beause when I go to trade mine in will this affect the value. I to have had several Gm products over my lifetime, but not anymore. I see a new Toyota in the spring. When GM takes goverment money to save its ***, and and still screws us guess its the American way. My truck was finally fixed but cant go thru another problem with the truck and I feel the vibration coming back.GM stock stated out $36 plus now $22 like a Rock and sinking fast. Good luck to all but I feel your spittin in the wind. I sure would like to hear the converation you had with GM All my GM rep did ( CHAMONE was her name) was to lie to me and when I called her on it she went nuts.TThey just pit you against the dealer ad him against you.

Last edited by pearl; September 30th, 2012 at 10:53 AM.
Old September 30th, 2012, 11:03 AM
CF Beginner

bought truck from toyota, I dont think they knew of any problems, per the way used cars are test driven when trading i dont think there will be a prob, they dont do indepth service historys
Old September 30th, 2012, 5:58 PM
CF Beginner

I feel for you Patrick and I would love to have a copy of that mp3 to take to my hearing on the 16, I'm not sure if I put this in one of my previous posts. When I drove one of the dealers brand new 2012 Silverados it vibrated as bad as mine. I said to the shop foreman that was with me that they can't sell the truck like that he stated that they had to and rely on warranty to fix it. Now that's a sad way to conduct business. I wish I had of recorded that tidbit,

Last edited by Timsmish; September 30th, 2012 at 6:02 PM.

Quick Reply: 2011 Silverado Vibration = Rough Ride.