Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Old July 29th, 2015, 2:14 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Wheels and Tires
Print Wikipost

2011 Silverado Vibration = Rough Ride.

Search this Thread

Old January 30th, 2012, 7:23 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mcox8051
Want to clarify. Are we calling the 6th digit from last the first number? If so, mine is a 4 and it vibrates.
The very first letter in the vin#
Old January 30th, 2012, 2:29 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Bobby2011lt,

Have you had the tires changed or rotated recently? If so, the TPMS sensors may not have been matched correctly. If this is the case, you may need to take the vehicle back to whoever changed or rotated the tires.

If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact me.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old February 1st, 2012, 6:46 PM
CF Beginner

Its nice to see Chevy cust service chime it on a low tire pressure problem. How about you telling us how to fix our problem [ vibration on our new trucks] Look at what we paid for these trucks, and you dont respond to our post except to tell us to open a case with GM. GM nos they have a problem and dont want to address it. Ive drove another 2011 ex cab [2 of them] and they were worse than mine,I also drove a 2012 and it vibrated my coveralls out of the front seat. Maybe I should have opted for one made in Korea.
Old February 10th, 2012, 7:27 PM
CF Beginner

mcox Did you get your truck fixed.Mine is back in the shop again for the vibration. This is the 7th time, now I have a rust spot on the front bumper where some bozo mech dropped something on it. I also have three gouge marks on all my nice wheels where the idiot who works in their tire dept drove weight after weight onto the wheel to get a perfectly balanced set of tires; this after I told them to put the weights on the back. I complain about this because when the protective coating is scratched the wheel,starts to look like someone that had a bad sunburn about a week later;and they are not repairable; and are about a thousand a piece. Now lets take a look at Shamone she works for gm and is the one I have to deal with and this is her phone #1-866 790-5600 ex 31242 every one call her to see what Im saying is true.She talks so fast and sounds like she has a mouth full of marbles.She has lied to me on three different times and when shes confronted with the truth she starts into this is the final resolution we worked on your truck several times and at this time this is all were going to do. I talked to her boss [Heather] three weeks ago and she agreed there was a problem with the way she acts and would take care of this. When another conversation went south I asked to talk to her again 2 weeks ago and have called her 3 times and she has not returned my calls. I think she might be a figment of my imagenation. I just want my truck fixed. 40 thousand dollards and I have to deal with misfits. Dont these people no we bailed them out because of their poor practices there will be no more bail outs So when you the GM employe are standing in the welfare line I may still have a rock that vibrates but I still have a job and by then may be a Toyota.
Old February 11th, 2012, 8:22 AM
CF Beginner

Pearl, Chevrolet had my truck for a couple of days and could find nothing wrong. They put an EVA meter on the seat frame and everything was in limits. The service manager was filing a report of some kind to let GM know there is a problem so the engineers will get involved. I think they already know, they just won't do anything until enough people complain. These guys tell you anything to send you home. He said they even told him to tell me "to go home and enjoy his truck". The service manager was at a loss on what to do. He says the 18" wheels are hard to balance and the 20's are worse. He did drive my truck about 20 miles and he thinks the tires need warmed up, they get flat spotted, so we jumped in it and drove it down the road, NO vibration! He says they did nothing to the truck. I don't drive my truck unless I need to haul something. It may sit for 3 weeks before I drive it, but I don't believe the tires are flat spotting. It has the Bridgestone Duellers on it. I brought the truck home and parked it in the garage, they're going to still file a report (they said). I would bet the next time I get it out it will vibrate...and I will be calling the dealer, I won't give up. As I said in an earlier post, I won a $6000 judgement against GM for my '02 truck. It makes me sick, and pissed off...to spend even $29,000 (after discounts)...and I love Chevrolets, having had several trucks and Vettes since the day I started driving. Talked my wife into buying a new Malibu (I will say this, the 6 spd automatic takes some getting used to in both vehicles). I've had a '91 ZR-1 Corvette, '82 Collectors Edition, and presently have a gorgeous '96 Grand Sport. I live, eat, and sleep bowtie. I have thought about other trucks but I can't do it, can't drive a Ford, the Dodges drink gas and have bad re-sale and tranny problems. Toyota...I went to a truck pull awhile back, the Tundras couldn't make it half as far as the Chevy's, just can't drive a Jap truck. So yes, this issue with my Chevy truck is really bugging me. Incidentally, the lady I am dealing with is Myra. 866-790-5600 ext 31313. She is very helpful and has been calling me to check on my problem. It is frustrating, you buy a new truck to not buy anybody elses problems, to have warranty, that is the luxury of it. At this point, we are on record as having our trucks in the shop several times for a vibration, we have 3 yrs, 36k miles until out of warranty. How they are selling '12's I don't know, the one I drove vibrated three times worse than mine. The best thing we can do is not drop this issue and get more people involved. Keep in touch...oh and about those wheels, I too always request weights on the inside if possible, and they damaged them?! Demand new ones and a new bumper, that's just ridiculous on their part.

Last edited by mcox8051; February 11th, 2012 at 8:25 AM.
Old February 12th, 2012, 7:42 AM
CF Beginner

reply to mcox: From what I can gather the vibration is because of the way the frame is mounted to the body , and there is no cure,and that is the final resolution. Remember that word because u will be hearing that soon. I have been told even the 2013 will have the same problem, until the new body change in 2014 what a croc. When I told chamone the gm rep. I would just call her supervisors .boss MR.Oboma her response was I dont no who that is. But aside from that after you take the truck back so many times and they do so much that will be the final resolution. They even have the lemon law covered because if you win that guess what you get another truck!! And you are right I cant buy a Ford but did drive one it was a nice truck but I cant buy one, just cant! As I told you be4 the new set of michelins maded a world of difference. But still I have this bottle water shake at 40 to 45 mph. I guess I will see your name on the court papers when it comes to it and I'm afraid it will.
Old February 12th, 2012, 7:58 AM
CF Active Member

So if they say to expect this on 2013's why isn't the problem more wide spread? I've driven 3 2012's including the one I bought and none exhibited the vibration.

All 3 were built in Fort Wayne if that matters.
Old February 12th, 2012, 9:27 AM
CF Beginner

I thought the other poster was onto something earlier, about the ones built in Mexico having this problem. But mine was built in Fort Wayne as well.
Old February 13th, 2012, 7:30 AM
CF Beginner

I think they got us and that there is nothing we can do about it because 99% of the people will be upside down if we trade them in which is more the reason to stand up for it. I know some people that are crazy enough to drive their truck through the showroom and total the truck and claim the rest on the gap insurance.

And yes the vibration is still in my truck. Everytime I feel it I get more ticked off. O and by the way my radio cut in and out on the FM side yesterday for the 2nd time.
Old February 13th, 2012, 8:37 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2011 Silverado vibration

I have the same problem with the steering vibration when acceleration at any RPMs, the truck only has 4k miles and no it did not do it when I picked it up new, I can feel the vibration on the steering when I step on the gas.
I brought it to the dealer and they came back with nothing, they said it is normal and that GM is aware of it, that other truck do it too.
What do I do ? Please help!!
I spent all my savings for the down payment and I do not have tons of money that I can just trade it in for something else and loose money, and I do not want to drive something that is not as when I picked up new. 2 yrs ago I owned a 1968 chevy truck that I purchased for $800.00 farm truck and I mean farm truck that was never restored AND THE RIDE WAS 100% SMOOTHER THAN THIS $40,OOO.00 2011 SILVERADO

Please advise.

Quick Reply: 2011 Silverado Vibration = Rough Ride.