Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

2012 Silverado LTZ...few questions

Search this Thread

Old January 12th, 2012, 3:02 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

aint nothing wrong with camo bro, just not the style im going for with this ride

My mom ordered a set of real sheepskin seat covers for her Hummer H3T and they are damn near the softest seatcovers ive ever felt. She paid close to 1600 for the front and rears....but had to send them back 3 times because they werent tailored quite right. I'm looking for a little better experience than she got. I suppose the sheepskin could get a frozen feel in the morning, especially if there was any moisture in the truck. I'm still on the fence about the seatcovers, but I gotta have something over the leathers.

Can anyone comment on the plx devices kiwi bluetooth obd2 adapter? From what i have read it sounds to be the best...
Old January 12th, 2012, 9:29 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

you have leather seats correct, I thought all leather seats come with heated seats, yours doesn't have heated seats?
Old January 13th, 2012, 10:47 AM
CF Beginner

Its got leather and heat....are you thinking the heat would be a problem with a cover, or that it wouldnt let the sheepskin get crispy cold? I've never even had remote start before...hell I used to have an old bronco that I had to sit with my foot on the pedal for about 15 minutes before she would even idle on the cold mornings. Obviously this is a change for me, so I will have to get used to using the remote start and leaving the heaters on.
Old January 13th, 2012, 10:48 AM
CF Beginner

Also ordered the kiwi bluetooth obd2 adapter and an ltd dashmat
Old January 13th, 2012, 1:38 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Originally Posted by alaskan84
Its got leather and heat....are you thinking the heat would be a problem with a cover, or that it wouldnt let the sheepskin get crispy cold? I've never even had remote start before...hell I used to have an old bronco that I had to sit with my foot on the pedal for about 15 minutes before she would even idle on the cold mornings. Obviously this is a change for me, so I will have to get used to using the remote start and leaving the heaters on.
old bronco you say, I have a fully restored 67 bronco that I turned into a roadster, no top or doors, 289v8 with a c4 automatic, it's peacock blue in color, only drive it in the summer, I have cloth seats, pricing out a new 2012 extended cab with the 6.2 liter and the vortec package, wish me luck,
Old January 13th, 2012, 2:00 PM
CF Beginner

yeah I had a 79 bronco, got it for doing some yardwork for a friend. It was a beast while I had it...automatic with a 351M. i took a sawzall to the fenders on it, threw some 34"s on it and straight piped it. It sounded like a nascar when wide open. ended up selling it for 500 bucks when the tranny started to go....someone bought it soley for the working tailgate glass.
Old January 16th, 2012, 10:53 AM
CF Beginner

ok, last time i'll bump this......

looking for GM lockpick users feedback....