Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Got a 2007 Tahoe LTZ, have a few ?'s

Search this Thread

Old October 30th, 2012, 8:26 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got a 2007 Tahoe LTZ, have a few ?'s

I look forward to contributing to this forum once I get to know the Tahoe a bit better. Feel free to answer any of my questions below. Thanks!

1. Tahoe has 120k on it and never ran E85. I hear you can run a tank through to clean out the fuel system? Is that going to clog stuff up like the fuel injectors since it never ran it before?

2. I have a cylinder 3 random misfire at idle while monitoring with OBD. Changed spark plugs and swapped wires with another plug but still have it on. Possibly the beginning of a bad coil?

3. Tune or programmer recommendation?

4. One of my door handles seems to be broke off a little. Any write ups on how to fix or replace it?

5. I am getting a some knock retard. Up to 4 degrees while accelerating. Is that normal or what might be causing it?
Old April 14th, 2016, 3:13 PM
CF Beginner

Old April 14th, 2016, 6:14 PM
CF Active Member

Originally Posted by a_kraker99
I forward to contributing to this forum once I get to know the Tahoe a bit better. Feel free to answer any of my questions below. Thanks!

1. Tahoe has 120k on it and never ran E85. I hear you can run a tank through to clean out the fuel system? Is that going to clog stuff up like the fuel injectors since it never ran it before?
Never heard that one before? Ethanol is basically alcohol so in theory I guess it could clean in some way.

2. I have a cylinder 3 random misfire at idle while monitoring with OBD. Changed spark plugs and swapped wires with another plug but still have it on. Possibly the beginning of a bad coil?
Is there a code? Should be.
3. Tune or programmer recommendation?
HP Tuners what I have used on mine.
4. One of my door handles seems to be broke off a little. Any write ups on how to fix or replace it?
Some questions ere just asked today, check them and the responses out but basically it's not hard to do tedious.
5. I am getting a some knock retard. Up to 4 degrees while accelerating. Is that normal or what might be causing it?
The ECU will pull timing throughout its operating range. This will be magnified if you are losing a coil pack.
Old April 18th, 2016, 11:02 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd skip the E85. While GM says it will work, you'll get worse MPG to the end where you're paying MORE per mile. Not only that, but from others who have posted, I've read poor results and engine issues. Not to mention running E85 in other things causes all sorts of issues... With the added cost per mile and potential for issues, I don't suggest it.

As for a "tune" - maybe look into deactivating the AFM if you are having issues. Other than that, I'd leave it alone if you want it to last another 9 years... modifying things often results in some unintended consequences that can add up to $$ over time...

Not sure if AFM was a 2007 thing or not.

Also, NOT all Tahoe's are E85 compatible, so if you do intend to use it... check first.