Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Old July 29th, 2015, 2:15 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Wheels and Tires
Print Wikipost

2014 silverado with a bad vibration

Search this Thread

Old July 23rd, 2014, 5:42 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vibration

Originally Posted by skigut213
I had a 2014 double cab LTZ and
GM bought it back because there is no fix for the shake in the trucks. They could not fix it even after trying new tires.
How did you get them to buy it back.I have a 2014 z71 with same problem.I wish they would take mine back!
Old July 28th, 2014, 8:02 AM
CF Beginner

Default High frequency vibration

I just bought a new 2014 Chevy Silverado LT2 double cab 4x4 Z71
I noticed a high-frequency vibration between 60 and 75 mph I immediately took it to the shop thinking a tire was out of balance
The shop balanced my tires and I still had this issue. There is also some sort of harmonics going on that simulates one window down while driving on the highway. Everything else about the truck is completely awesome. Is there a fix or do I need to go get my money back from GM.
Old July 28th, 2014, 8:23 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by tech2
gm has a vibration analyzer. It will measure the frequency of the vibration so you can tell if its a first, second or third order vibration. this can help to isolate where the vibration is coming from be it tires, driveline or eng/trans.

Under what driving conditions do it occur? Any changes when you put the trans into neutral while driving and let it roll?
I have the same situation going on. A high-frequency vibration between the speeds of 60 and 75 mph. I just bought my truck two weeks ago and took it to the shop thinking that it was a tire issue. Chevy 2014 double cab LT2 z71
Old July 28th, 2014, 1:56 PM
CF Beginner

Thumbs up driveshaft

Originally Posted by simpsonfab
HI, my name is Jeff and I am a new member to this forum. I have a 2014 Silverado 2wd 4dr, short bed and have been battling an intermittent drive line vibration since about day 1. I now have about 3,000 miles and it has been progressively worse. I am chiming in because I have not only found the cause of 3 different vibrations, but the cause of intermittent vibration. 1 cause is when the engine drops from v8 mode to 4cyl, you will feel an engine vibration like the engine is mis-firing. This is normal. The second vibration I have found is that if the tires do not get a true, full width balance, at high speed the whole truck will get a shake in which you can even see the side mirrors get blurry do to vibration. Even just a static balance will cause this. The third and most important vibration that I have found is because of the drive shaft. The drive shaft is built with a sound resonator inside of it that has been progressively breaking apart since day one, causing the vibration to progressively get worse as more of this resonator breaks apart. So now with pieces bouncing around in my drive shaft, every time the drive shaft spins up, they catch in a different spot, causing the balance to be different every time I stop and go. My truck is now at the dealer, who is ordering a new drive shaft for me, so hope fully this is the end of my problems. I hope this helps others out there.
Let us know if the drive shaft fix the vibration thanks . I am taking my truck to the dealer Thursday.
Old July 29th, 2014, 8:17 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by BrandNewChevy
I just bought a new 2014 Chevy Silverado LT2 double cab 4x4 Z71
I noticed a high-frequency vibration between 60 and 75 mph I immediately took it to the shop thinking a tire was out of balance
The shop balanced my tires and I still had this issue. There is also some sort of harmonics going on that simulates one window down while driving on the highway. Everything else about the truck is completely awesome. Is there a fix or do I need to go get my money back from GM.
Hey there,

If you need any further assistance with this, please feel free to send me a private message with your VIN, current mileage, contact info and a preferred dealership to reach out to. Hope to hear from you soon.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old July 30th, 2014, 7:18 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Hey there,

If you need any further assistance with this, please feel free to send me a private message with your VIN, current mileage, contact info and a preferred dealership to reach out to. Hope to hear from you soon.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care

What are they going to do buy back all the bad trucks. I was going to buy a brand new truck today untill I saw this forum . I was suppose to pick it up today and the car salesman said I had too aftrer I signed the papers I tore it up and said read the forum. He then was going to sell me a 6 cyl. I said forget it and hopped into my 98 Chevy Cheyenne 4x4 extended cab inwhich I bought new went to the car wash , washed her and had my wife follow me to get something to eat. The best 32.00 dinner I had because now I didn't trade my truck in for a 30,000 vehicle that know body knows what is going on with this problem sorry for the rant
Old July 31st, 2014, 6:29 AM
CF Beginner

Good for you 98K. I am dealing with GM legal now to try and get a buy back. I have filed with the better business bureau against GM. when the arbitration comes up I hope to include the media to shed more light on the widespread problem. I am about 5 days away from lemon law and they still cant get parts or even know if what they ordered will fix it.
Old July 31st, 2014, 7:50 AM
Official GM Rep

We are sorry to hear of your frustrations, 98K. Thank you for the feedback. General Motors takes comments like this very seriously, and we have documented your concerns within our database.

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care

Originally Posted by 98k
What are they going to do buy back all the bad trucks. I was going to buy a brand new truck today untill I saw this forum . I was suppose to pick it up today and the car salesman said I had too aftrer I signed the papers I tore it up and said read the forum. He then was going to sell me a 6 cyl. I said forget it and hopped into my 98 Chevy Cheyenne 4x4 extended cab inwhich I bought new went to the car wash , washed her and had my wife follow me to get something to eat. The best 32.00 dinner I had because now I didn't trade my truck in for a 30,000 vehicle that know body knows what is going on with this problem sorry for the rant
Old July 31st, 2014, 3:46 PM
CF Beginner

Default Chevrolet Customer service

<p>
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
We are sorry to hear of your frustrations, 98K. Thank you for the feedback. General Motors takes comments like this very seriously, and we have documented your concerns within our database.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Jessica</p>
<p>Chevrolet Customer Care
</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Iam at Ferman Chevrolet Brandon they tell the vibration is because aftermarket running boards and rims .What a joke I can't put running boards and rims on my truck.I will never buy a Chevy again.</p>

Last edited by wotjohn; July 31st, 2014 at 3:48 PM.
Old July 31st, 2014, 5:26 PM
Official GM Rep

Originally Posted by wotjohn

Iam at Ferman Chevrolet Brandon they tell the vibration is because aftermarket running boards and rims .What a joke I can't put running boards and rims on my truck.I will never buy a Chevy again.
Private message us your VIN, exact mileage and contact information if there's anything further we can look into, wotjohn. We're here to help in whatever way possible.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Quick Reply: 2014 silverado with a bad vibration