Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

2500 HD park Brake Problems

Search this Thread

Old March 26th, 2008, 8:13 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2500 HD park Brake Problems

Hi all, newbie here. Just about through a brake job on my 2001 2500 HD. Got three wheels done without too much grief. On the last one and the darn drum will not come off. I have slacked off the adjuster rod inside the drum,(at least it is loose when viewed through the small access hole) and still the drum will not come off. Thinking that the park brake cable is still under tension but cannot figure out haw to slacken it off. I have a manual that shows the park brake cable with a nut and bolt slack adjuster half way back , but on the truck there is no such monster. Where do you slacken the park brake cable ? At the pedal ? Also if I cannot free up the brake shoes on the park brake any suggestions on getting the drum off ? The disks have worn the rotor side down to mins so I was replacing the drum/rotors any way so I have hammered the back of the rotor/drum pretty seriously with no movement.

Hope there is someone out there familiar with this problem

Thanks a bunch.
Old March 26th, 2008, 9:07 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2500 HD park Brake Problems

Welcome to the forum!!! Some one should be able to help, just hang in there.