Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

4 wheel drive issues

Search this Thread

Old September 30th, 2012, 6:19 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4 wheel drive issues

I have an '05 Z71 Silverado. Had my transfer case replaced. Still nothing. Mechanic had a code come up that he couldn't find and said I'd have to go to the dealer. Please, tell me it's not the differential. Anyone have problems with the push button switch itself? Going to the dealer Wednesday and don't want to get nailed with a huge bill. BTW, I'm a woman
Old September 30th, 2012, 7:39 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Herein lies a lesson.

Take it to the guys who know what they are doing FIRST. It's already cost you the price of a transfer case..............

Sorry you have 4-wheel drive issues,

Allan
Old September 30th, 2012, 12:16 PM
CF Junior Member

Default 4 wheel drive issues

I did need the transfer case and actuator. I suppose you could tell everyone who posts on here to take it to the dealer first. But, we can't all afford it.
Old September 30th, 2012, 1:26 PM
CF Beginner

ok so what is the problem your having, I assume the 4wd doesn't work altogether? What is the code?
Old September 30th, 2012, 1:52 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by pegrizz
I did need the transfer case and actuator. I suppose you could tell everyone who posts on here to take it to the dealer first. But, we can't all afford it.
Well, not siding with anyoone, however your mechanic can't fix it. Allan isn't, by reading his past posts a proponante of going to the dealer, he was IMO saying with a 4wd problem, you might should have taken it to a 4wd shop.
If you can post what is the problem, and code, perhaps someone on this board can diagnose it.
Old September 30th, 2012, 2:48 PM
CF Junior Member

It was "transfer case lock circut malfunction."
Old September 30th, 2012, 4:50 PM
CF Junior Member

After searching the internet for a bit, I've come up with the code. I think it's C0321; encoder motor sensor. I believe the part is $60.93. Hopin' that's what it is.
Old October 5th, 2012, 8:39 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by pegrizz
I have an '05 Z71 Silverado. Had my transfer case replaced. Still nothing. Mechanic had a code come up that he couldn't find and said I'd have to go to the dealer. Please, tell me it's not the differential. Anyone have problems with the push button switch itself? Going to the dealer Wednesday and don't want to get nailed with a huge bill. BTW, I'm a woman

Pegrizz,

I would recommend to take it to your local dealer also. I would be happy to check and see if you are still under Powertrain Warranty. Please PM me your VIN and current miles on truck.

Thank you,

Tina( Assisting Louis)
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old October 6th, 2012, 6:18 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Pegrizz,

I would recommend to take it to your local dealer also. I would be happy to check and see if you are still under Powertrain Warranty. Please PM me your VIN and current miles on truck.

Thank you,

Tina( Assisting Louis)
Chevrolet Customer Service
Thanks for the reply. I took it to the GM dealer on Wednesday. Turned out, they replaced a wire and corroded connectors, $300. I did need the transfer case and the actuator. Before I had everything replaced, there was a grinding noise. The truck is no longer under warranty, it has 142,000 miles on it and runs great! Thanks again for your reply.