Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

88 k1500 heater controls

Search this Thread

Old September 15th, 2015, 10:33 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 88 k1500 heater controls

I have the heating system that is operated with the actuators. I know that there are 3 of them. They all work,. I have taken each one out, opened them up and watched the motor working. My problem seems to be heat distribution. It seems that no matter where I set the control, heat/air comes out on all levels (the floor, the mid vents and the defrost, all at the same time, but mostly on the drivers side of the defrost) . When I put the control on defrost, a little more air/heat comes out to the windshield, and it comes out on the mid level and floor as well. When I have it set to come out on the floor, it does , but it comes out on the mid level and defrost as well. To summarize, no matter where I set the heat to come out, it changes only very little. I can also see that the vent on the floor opening and closing. Not sure about the others. I don't know how to get to those.
Not a big deal, but if I could figure out how to fix this, it would be nice.

Thanks