Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

93 silverado 2500 5.7ltr feels like its missing when i hit the gas?

Search this Thread

Old December 22nd, 2010, 9:19 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile 93 silverado 2500 5.7ltr feels like its missing when i hit the gas?

hey guys, im new to the forum in search of some answeres. i cant seem to figure out why my truck is running sluggish like it is. it is most noticable at a stop when ready to take off. whether you punch the gas or slightly push down on it, it feels as though its miss firing? or just moves sluggish?

in the past two months i have done all new plugs, wires, cap, rotor, coil, ignition module, knock sensor, pcv valve, and air cleaner.

ive checked for leaking vacuum lines and cant find or hear anything. and it seems like it getting enough gas.. but i could be wrong.

im wondering if it could be something like the throttle pos sensor? or something small and easy that im missing??

if someone could help me out with this... it would be awesome! i want my truck to run like a champ! lol
Old December 22nd, 2010, 2:03 PM
CF Junior Member

Default Ran into the same prob

Hey welcome, well i ran into the same problem and it turned out to be my EGR valve had finnaly worn out fairly easy to replace took care of a whole suite of issues i had at the time let alone the one that you are having right now.
Old December 24th, 2010, 6:38 AM
CF Junior Member

One way to tell if the EGR valve is a s fallows (provided your SES (AKA idiot light) works. Hit your self a decently long flat stretch of road. Get up to at least 45 and let it shift into O/D. hold it there for a little bit (15 sec if my memory serves me well). If its bad, your SES light should pop on. Of course this method wont work if your SES light is always on.