Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

95 350 tbi heads need help

Search this Thread

Old May 1st, 2014, 10:54 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 350 tbi heads need help

ok do here is what I have I have a 95 chevy k1500 with a 350 tbi in it with 112,000 miles on it, It has a miss when it gets warm and the warmer it gets the worse it misses, I have replaced plugs, wires, cap, rotor, distributor, ingnition coil, intake gaskets, nothing has changed, the motor has always burned oil since i've had it about 3 month now it has white smoke coming out the exhaust the bed corner above the tail pipe is black from oil, im almost positive the valve stem seals are bad and probably the valve guides too, so if im going have to pull the heads off this thing im thing I might as well do something to improve the over all performance of it im thinking a set of headers at min. but I might as well throw a set of heads on it too with out spending a pile of money im trying to figure out whats going to be my best bang for my buck with out buying bran new heads. if I shoud find a set of 305 heads with a thicker head gasket to keep comp. below 10.0-1 or maybe a set of vortec heads and what will fit and everything bolt back on keeping the stock intake and cam and every thing like that, I really don't want to have to change much other then the heads and manifolds with out breaking the bank this is just a daily driver that's needs a little help not a race truck or anthing cool.

if any one could help me out that would be greatly appreciated