Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

96 Silverado brakes

Search this Thread

Old March 5th, 2007, 11:23 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 96 Silverado brakes

I'm trying to change out my friends brakes which isn't the issue here. I didn't have a piston compression tool in the beginning so I disconnected the brake line so I could push it back myself(probably one of the more stupid ideas, but im not really a professional mech. either). Well come to tightening down that bolt again and the brake fluid is just rushing out, I can't seem to line the holes up. Does anyone know the problem or like is there a specific torque setting to line those holes up?
Old March 6th, 2007, 12:55 AM
CF Pro Member

Default RE: 96 Silverado brakes

I can only guess that you must be trying to describe a front brake issue... correct ?

Your probably talking about fluid leaking out of the connection from the rubber flex hose and the caliper ??
You probably lost the copper compression washer that fits on the connection at the end of the hose that the bolt goes through.

Not sure what you mean " specific torque settings" to line up holes... what holes ??
Old March 6th, 2007, 5:18 AM
CF Beginner

yeah its front brake issues andthe bolt that connects the brake line to the caliper is hollowed out so that the brake fluid can flow to the piston. I cant seem to line the holes up so it just keeps leaking out unnaturally whenever the brake pedal is pressed.
Old March 6th, 2007, 5:19 AM
CF Beginner

ORIGINAL: golfer

I can only guess that you must be trying to describe a front brake issue... correct ?

Your probably talking about fluid leaking out of the connection from the rubber flex hose and the caliper ??
You probably lost the copper compression washer that fits on the connection at the end of the hose that the bolt goes through.

Not sure what you mean " specific torque settings" to line up holes... what holes ??
and what i meant by specific torques is that maybe theres a certain lb. the bolt has to be turned so that the holes line up. and no i didnt lose the washers that are there, in fact i bought two new along with the new bolts i bought.