Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Old July 23rd, 2015, 4:44 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: General Overview
Print Wikipost

ABS/Parking Brake Indicator Lights on Dash On

Search this Thread

Old February 3rd, 2011, 7:51 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS/Parking Brake Indicator Lights on Dash On

Hello everyone, Hope someone can give me an idea of what to look for or where to start with this problem. Tonite while driving home i got stuck on a patch of ice going up a hill. I gunned it a couple of time to see if i could get free, but to no avail. Revved the engine a little bit and the right rear wheel just spun on the ice. While i was doing this the parking brake and ABS indicator light on the dash came on. I finally got free and was able to drive home, truck drove fine, other than the fact i didnt have ABS, other than that it drove fine. I stuck a code reader on it, and no codes showed up. Any ideas on where or what to look for?!?! Any help would be greatly appreciated and Thanks in advance.
Old February 3rd, 2011, 9:34 PM
CF Beginner

My 95 Cutlass Supreme had the same thing....brake and abs on at the same time. Turns out it was the timing system in the ABS. Had to replace the entire master cylinder and abs unit as a whole. I was told there are 3 gears that time the abs and the center gear falls out. No way to re-time or calibrate it so they have to replace the entire unit. Luckily it happened when I test drove the car so the dealership had to replace. No indication of what year your truck it, but if it is around 1995 that could be the problem...
Old February 4th, 2011, 10:36 PM
CF Active Member

If you have a Silverado truck, check ground on frame under drivers door looking forward. Must have a good clean ground or system goes into an error mode. Good place to start.