Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Accelerator Pedal Sensor

Search this Thread

Old January 8th, 2016, 8:26 PM
CF Beginner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Finally i found 3 water intrusion sites in Captiva gutter and treated them by silicon and hose..all dtcs gone.
Who search google and found this page can contact me for more detail nhien@nhien.net
Old August 31st, 2017, 9:23 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how do you remove bolts holding pedal
Old March 14th, 2020, 2:17 PM
CF Beginner

Angry

Originally Posted by Gilbert Correa
Has anyone had to change the gas pedal sensor (Accelerator Pedal Sensor)? The part is around 87 dollars from the dealership, and there are two screws holding it in place. Would just changing it, have any problem with the computer recognizing the replacement, or should I pull the battery cable to reset the computer? If I pull the battery connection, what would I lose in the way of information that the computer has stored? Is there a way to see the codes on the display using the control buttons on the dash?
Yes !!! Twice since I had my 2008 Chevy Impala LS
Old May 9th, 2024, 2:40 PM
CF Beginner

Default I have a 2003 GMC Yukon with a check engine light saying reduced engine power for a f

Originally Posted by Gilbert Correa
Has anyone had to change the gas pedal sensor (Accelerator Pedal Sensor)? The part is around 87 dollars from the dealership, and there are two screws holding it in place. Would just changing it, have any problem with the computer recognizing the replacement, or should I pull the battery cable to reset the computer? If I pull the battery connection, what would I lose in the way of information that the computer has stored? Is there a way to see the codes on the display using the control buttons on the dash?
I have a 2003 GMC Yukon occasionally my check engine light will come on and then it says reduce engine power I put my code reader on it and it says replace pedaling accelerator sensor I did that it still does the same thing does anybody know how to fix this or what else it could be I tried to ground see if it was a background I clean the throttle body but still goes off every once in awhile but when I put my code reader on it and I erase it and it goes off and it drives just fine but it will have a check engine light and reduced power again saying the same thing on my meter what else could it be

​​​

Last edited by Woodywood5150; May 9th, 2024 at 2:45 PM.
Old May 9th, 2024, 2:47 PM
CF Beginner

If you pull the battery cables off you'll lose any of your codes if any your vehicle may run a little rough that's just the computer having to learn again but shouldn't take long for it to pick it up and run efficient
Old May 9th, 2024, 2:52 PM
CF Beginner

Default Accelerator Pedal Sensor

Originally Posted by Ramone Bey
Yes !!! Twice since I had my 2008 Chevy Impala LS
Too costly for installing a new Accelerator Pedal Sensor and then having the on board Computer Recalibrated !! I sold the car to the Scrap Yard instead and bought a Vehicle that was manufactured without the Electronic Control Throttle Pedal Sensor. Your vehicle could cause you to become involved in a serious vehicle wreck.
Old May 9th, 2024, 10:19 PM
Super Moderator

Received 654 Likes on 594 Posts

Originally Posted by Ramone Bey
instead and bought a Vehicle that was manufactured without the Electronic Control Throttle Pedal Sensor. .
Well I guess you're stuck buying 20+ year old vehicles then. Not a sensible solution.
Old May 9th, 2024, 10:21 PM
Super Moderator

Received 654 Likes on 594 Posts

Originally Posted by Woodywood5150
I put my code reader on it and it says replace pedaling accelerator sensor
trouble codes NEVER direct you to replace anything. Codes should be diagnosed properly.
Try obd-codes.com for a good starting point.