Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

adding factory nav w/o bose

Search this Thread

Old September 5th, 2007, 8:26 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default adding factory nav w/o bose

alright guys,

i just bought my 08 silverado crew cab w/ lt2 package. it does not have the bose option. what i want to know is can i add factory navigation without bose? i assume all im missing to have bose, is really just the center console sub???? is everything the same inside the dash s far as the wiring? i hope i gave enough information, so that i can get this answered.

thanks

Troy
Old September 6th, 2007, 10:00 AM
CF Active Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: adding factory nav w/o bose

Yes, you can. You don't have to have the bose amp or subwoofer installed. All you need is a factory interagtion adaptor and a aftermarket 4 channel amp. The factory Nav has a seperate amp. With the adapter, you can use any 4 channel aftermarket amp. the PAC OEM-2 should do the trick. Check out the tahoe section and at the top you will see "how to add OEM Nav to your tahoe". The wiring is pretty much the same. Hope this helps
Old September 6th, 2007, 7:20 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: adding factory nav w/o bose

rruelas,

thank you for all your help. i have one more question regarding this. is there a particular part number i need to get for my silverado. most of the units i see on ebay, start with 15------, and the one that gmaccessories says i need starts with 29------. sorry one other question. as far as programming the unit, this can only be done via a dealer tech? again, thank you for all your help.

Troy