Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Old July 29th, 2015, 3:33 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:
Browse all: Exterior Guides
Print Wikipost

Bedliner needed for silverado?

Search this Thread

Old November 15th, 2011, 10:20 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bedliner needed for silverado?

Hi folks,
I am new to trucks. Bought a 2008 used silverado. It does not have any bedliner or any other cover on the bed(default factory; it was maintained good under covered parking is what previous owner said). I do not have a covered parking; so have to leave it on the road side parking. So can you please suggest if i need any kind of bedliner or any cover? Thanks for any help!
Old November 15th, 2011, 11:02 PM
Senior Site Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

depends on what you wanna do really. best idea might be to get the kit and put it on yourself. it goes on like rolling paint.

or, theres companies that you can order the one piece plastic one like most trucks come with, theres one out there thats like carpet, theres one thats 3 pieces that snap in, theres RHINO lining spray in ones..its all going to depend on what you plan on putting back there
Old November 16th, 2011, 12:19 AM
CF Beginner

Thank you nj85z28
I wanted to add that I am not planning to use the truck bed much; use for only for hauling trailer

I was also more interested in knowing if it corrodes/rust if I keep it out without garage. I am in nor-cal.
Old November 16th, 2011, 9:13 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Bedliners are usually used as protection to prevent scratching of the bed due to hauling. If you don't plan on hauling, you should be fine. However, if you do plan on hauling, you may want to consider a liner. The bed is no more prone to corrode/rust than the cab.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old November 16th, 2011, 10:21 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks Louis. This is really great info.
Old November 17th, 2011, 10:13 AM
CF Active Member

You don't need a bedliner. A bedliner will collect moisture under it and actually create a rusting problem for the bed. If you end up do something to mar or damage the bed buy a liner to hide it when you sell the truck. No one takes the liners out anyway.
As for the brush on type of liner, do people really think they look better? Come on.
Old November 17th, 2011, 11:14 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks Basilkies. It helps me decide. And I decided not to go with it. It is an awesome forum!
Old November 17th, 2011, 11:30 PM
CF Beginner

Also, one more question... I know it is silly but i couldn't find seat height changer on my silverado 2008 LT. It has manual seat angle changer, lumbar, and back n forth. (it is a 1,1,1 front row) thanks
Old November 18th, 2011, 7:57 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> After searching through the 2008 Silverado owners manual, there doesn't appear to be a height adjustment option on the manual seats. I am providing a link to the manual for your convenience. http://www.extendedgmwarranty.com/ow...-Silverado.pdf

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old November 20th, 2011, 3:21 PM
CF Beginner

Oh too bad I didn't know this before I bought. How stupid of GM not to give this option! Anyway, thanks again Louis for your great help.

I need it to be a inch or so higher as I am tall; I am thinking of putting some hard cushion on the seat now which looks ugly but looks like I got no choice. Let me know if somebody has a better idea. Thanks