Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

brake problem

Search this Thread

Old January 6th, 2009, 7:09 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brake problem

I have a chevy silv 2500 hd diesel truck. I am having problem with brakes letting up and then grabbing again in about middle to end of pedal movement. ( also sterring wheel turns to right)The dealer says to try bleeding and see if corrects. I had them bled once before but didnt work. Any help or suggestionsform this forum woul be appreciated.
Old January 6th, 2009, 10:22 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: brake problem

Hey I have the same problem. Also feels like my brakes grab then disengage then grab again till a stop. Then the vehicle pulls and I can feel the pedal pulsating. I was told to check for bad brake pads and bleed the system. Also could be the drums. Was also told that one person had the front rotors warped and it made it pulate. I still have to do it just trying to save some money. It is ok just annoying. I will let you know but please repost if you get an answer.

Also when I hit bumps it sounds like there is a piece of metal bouncing around in my rim on my back tire. Some say bearings some say bad drums. IDK.
Old January 27th, 2009, 12:05 AM
CF Beginner

Look behind your brake master cylinder and see if their is an wetness. If so, on 2500 and 3500 trucks, they have hydroboost pumps that go out. I hate to see that leak.
Old January 28th, 2009, 10:53 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by militman

Also when I hit bumps it sounds like there is a piece of metal bouncing around in my rim on my back tire. Some say bearings some say bad drums. IDK.
remove your driveshaft and find output shaft. try moving it. don't be surprised if you'll hear that clunck that you blame on loose spare. is that noise coming from sort of behind your right buttcheak? that's about where the trannie tailshaft is. sounds like loose washer rattling on bumps, aye?