Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Clicking sound at low speeds.

Search this Thread

Old May 24th, 2013, 7:39 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tjw.
sorry to revive this thread, but this is my exact issue. Did anyone ever find a solution?

ticking at low speeds, abs activating at low speeds. Additionally, steering is all over the place but it could be an unrelated problem. Lastly my left tire sikids and screeches when i turn left quickly. Not sure it it is related to the other issues or not. I replaced ball joints twice (they keep dying) and replaced u-joints of front drive shaft about 4 months ago. Any thoughts?
There is a recall out from Chevy google search motortrend silverado recalls 03 - 07 models. This is a common problem I believe I just started having the problem myself. I can also feel a vibration in the steering wheel at low speeds. At high speeds it goes away but I I listen close I can still here a clicking sound which is leading me to believe it might be th cv joints. I'm gonna take it to the mechanic to see what he says. Probably start cheap with the hub bearings and then goto replacing a cv. Anyone have any suggestions? I have a 05 silverado z71 123000 miles