Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Dash rattle and fold up rear seat rattle

Search this Thread

Old August 22nd, 2014, 11:16 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dash rattle and fold up rear seat rattle

I recently bought a 2012 silverado crew cab, 5.3, LT. The truck only had 16,000 miles when I bought it and now 19,000.

I have notice a rattle in the dash, passenger side, that goes away when I press the dash down and hold it in front of the airbag.

I also have a rattle in the backseat when it's in the down position. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I still have until January for the bumper to bumper warranty but am leery of taking it to a dealership without having an idea of what's wrong with it.
Old August 23rd, 2014, 12:54 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by JustinL
I recently bought a 2012 silverado crew cab, 5.3, LT. The truck only had 16,000 miles when I bought it and now 19,000.

I have notice a rattle in the dash, passenger side, that goes away when I press the dash down and hold it in front of the airbag.

I also have a rattle in the backseat when it's in the down position. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I still have until January for the bumper to bumper warranty but am leery of taking it to a dealership without having an idea of what's wrong with it.
Hi Justin,

I apologize for this. The best thing to do would be to take it into the dealership especially since you are still within your warranty. They will be in the best position to look into this further for you, and possible find the solution. Please let me know in a private message if you need any further assistance with this.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care