Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Third Seat Won't Fold Down 2000 Suburban

Search this Thread

Old August 12th, 2013, 9:30 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Third Seat Won't Fold Down 2000 Suburban

I seen a similar post on this but it must be a newer Suburban. We took the third seat out to haul some stuff. I put the seat back in and raised the back up. My wife later noticed the left side is not attached to the floor. The right side, same side as latch 1 is attached to the floor. Nothing works now. Back of seat will not fold down when we pull up on latch 1.

We were told that the safety feature is out of sequence and we have to remove the plastic covers on each side. We have done that. Another post mentioned a cable on the left side. We tried to look for a cable on the left side and there isn't one. No cables on either side.

I have no idea what mechanism to move. There is very little room to see what is there. Directions with a picture would be great. What is the trick to getting the locking mechanism to release the back of the seat? This is the third seat in the back of a 2000 Suburban. Never has happened before.