Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Dealer says "I have no idea" HELP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old May 7th, 2009, 5:48 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

haha...I love it

glad to hear you got it fixed
Old May 13th, 2009, 3:24 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

JUST FIXED MINE!!!!!!!!!!!
symptoms
no speedomoter, not shifting out of first, abs light on
solution
cleaned front speed sensors (got rid of abs light)
replaced transfer case speed sensor (now it shifts properly)!!!!!!!!!!!!!
$165 for part from dealer. no other choice where i live
Old May 13th, 2009, 4:21 PM
Super Moderator

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Those tubes! Tell them you want your money back, so you can give it to ShawnVW, who actually solved the problem...
Old May 13th, 2009, 4:39 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I like your style man!
i'll take cash or cheque! haha
Old May 11th, 2010, 8:45 AM
CF Beginner

in motion and locks the doors.

Here's a bulletin that might help you diagnose the problem a little bit....

Subject:Allison LCT1000 No Shift, Speedometer Erratic/Inop, P0721 C0237 P0500 C0055

Models:2001-2007 Chevrolet Silverado Classic
2001-2007 GMC Sierra Classic
With Allison Transmission

The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.

Condition/Concern:

Vehicles equipped with the Allison LCT1000 Automatic Transmission may exhibit one or more of the following conditions:

DTCs P0721, C0237, P0500, C0055

Speedometer inoperative, erratic or drops out

Cruise control inoperative

Radio speed control volume (SCV) inoperative

Transmission shifting concerns

ABS light illuminated

The following diagnostic approach may be helpful in repairing any of the above conditions.
The testing should begin at the VSS sensor located in the rear of the transmission on 2WD models and in the transfer case on the 4WD models. An erratic signal caused by a loose or damaged reluctor wheel can cause any of the above concerns.

Recommendation/Instructions:

On vehicles equipped with the Allison LCT1000 Automatic Transmission, the VSS signal is sent to the Transmission Control Module (TCM) via Circuits 821 and 822.
The signal from the VSS to the TCM is an A/C signal that produces approximately 28-34 HZ per 1 mile per hour. This signal can be checked using a Fluke 87 (DVM) set on the A/C voltage scale with hertz function activated and connecting leads to Circuit 821 and 822.
The TCM converts the VSS signal from an A/C sign wave to a digital wave. The TCM sends out approximately 4.5 volts on Circuit 400 to the PCM/ECM. With the vehicle stopped, the DVM will read approximately 4.5 volts on circuit 400, but once the vehicle begins to move the voltage will drop to near 0 volts. To check the voltage with the DVM with the vehicle moving, the min/max function should be set to 1 ms, the max should be 4.5 volt and the minimum should be -4.5 volts. The reason the reading goes negative is because the TCM converts the A/C signal from the VSS to the exact digital wave, therefore when checking the HZ signal on circuit 400 the fluke meter can be set on the A/C or D/C signal with hertz mode active. Circuit 400 can be checked by backing out the terminal at the ECM/PCM connector and placing the red lead of the meter to Circuit 400 and the black lead to ground. The signal from the TCM on circuit 400 will be the same HZ reading as the VSS approximately 28-34 HZ per 1 mile per hour.
The vehicle speed signal to the IPC, radio, cruise control module, and body control is provide by the ECM/PCM on Circuit 817.[/quote]

Brilliant piece of information thank you
What is the output pin number on the TCM please
Thank you
Andrew
Old November 4th, 2010, 12:38 AM
CF Beginner

My guess is that your gauge cluster has gone bad, and as for the sound problem, there is an auto volume option that will raise the volume as you speed up (This feature is supposed to make it so that the sound will be greater than the exterior interference). If you payed the dealer to diagnose, then I agree with everyone here that you need to go back and complain, and demand that it be properly diagnosed and like someone posted above, to check for a recall, the recall may not be an option due to it being past the deadline, but that is somewhere that you can start.