Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
View Poll Results: Why do you use Diesel Additives?
Biocide
0%
Stabilize fuel for storage
0%
Anti-gel
100.00%
Fuel Injector Cleaner
0%
Cetane Boost
0%
I do not use additives
0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Diesel Additives

Search this Thread

Old January 13th, 2015, 8:24 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Diesel Additives

Hi everyone,

Still being new we wanted to make it clear that we do work for the manufacturers of STA-BIL® and Diesel Power!®.

We are just trying to find out how/if you use diesel additives. There are several options and you may select more than one.

In addition to the poll questions, do you prefer a bottle you can get multiple uses out of or would you prefer a "pour 'n go" type of bottle? Any feedback is GREATLY appreciated.

We will be offering a free sample of Diesel Power!® Complete to the first 15 respondents. Simply PM us with your name and mailing address and a bottle of Diesel Power!® will be on it's way to you!

DieselPower!® MAXIMUM Complete Fuel Supplement & Conditioner

Have a great day!

Last edited by STA-BIL®; January 13th, 2015 at 8:27 AM. Reason: additional info
Old January 14th, 2015, 6:08 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Diesel Fuel Additives

I have a gasoline-powered pickup truck, so I obviously don't need a diesel additive for it.

However, I drive big rigs (and heavy straight trucks) at my job; most of which are equipped with large, turbocharged Cummins diesel engines. We get our fuel at an automated, unmanned "fleet" station and they DO put additives in our diesel fuel by adding it to the underground storage tanks when they fill them. This is done so as to help prevent gelling in cold weather.

I don't know the brand name of the product, but the driver pours in five-gallon jugs of it at a time. It is a white container with black lettering.
Old January 15th, 2015, 7:40 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JK23112

I have a gasoline-powered pickup truck, so I obviously don't need a diesel additive for it.

However, I drive big rigs (and heavy straight trucks) at my job; most of which are equipped with large, turbocharged Cummins diesel engines. We get our fuel at an automated, unmanned "fleet" station and they DO put additives in our diesel fuel by adding it to the underground storage tanks when they fill them. This is done so as to help prevent gelling in cold weather.

I don't know the brand name of the product, but the driver pours in five-gallon jugs of it at a time. It is a white container with black lettering.
Thanks for the reply. It sounds like you are referring to Power Service Diesel Fuel Supplement + Cetane Boost. That is their winterization product and it really is a good product.

Our Diesel Power!® line also offers a Complete formula that cleans fuel injectors, boosts cetane, and prevents gelling down to -40°F.

For your gasoline truck, do you use any additives? I'd be happy to send out some samples of STA-BIL® or 303® if you would be interested.

Have a great day!
Old January 15th, 2015, 5:20 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For my gasoline-powered truck (2004 Silverado 5.3L V8), I typically pour in a bottle of STP fuel injection cleaner after every oil change. I also had the "BG Fuel Injection Service" done at 75,000 miles and will have it done again at 150,000 miles.

I have used STA-BIL for my lawn mower's fuel supply - mostly to stave off the effects of ethanol "polluting" its gasoline. I also have used STARTRON - both products have worked well.

Samples? Hmmm.....yeah, sure! :-)

As for the diesel additives, I am not sure of the exact brand. We buy our diesel fuel from a fleet fueling site called Quarles (many in the area), so that type of decision is way out of my pay grade. I just know that our trucks must start in the morning or our customers will be quite angry.

Thank you!

Last edited by JK23112; January 15th, 2015 at 5:22 PM.