Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Driver side fornt speaker 1999

Search this Thread

Old January 13th, 2009, 11:08 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driver side fornt speaker 1999

I have a 1500 z71 with a bad driversdoor speaker. Do I have to take off the whole door panel or does that screen just pop off and get to it that way?
Old January 13th, 2009, 5:44 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: Driver side fornt speaker 1999

The entire skin needs to come off

Old January 13th, 2009, 11:13 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Driver side fornt speaker 1999

I don't think the drawing provided is quite accurate, as you should have a double decker - speaker and twitter above it.
yes, you have to remove door panel, but it is very easy to do if you don't rush. don't foget screw in the very bottom of the panel, it's hidden underneath the panel. one is behind the door handle, one is in the plastic "pocket" you grab to close the door. but, 1st of all, you have to remove the little plastic triangle across the mirror. it just pops with a screwdriver. should be a screw behind it. panel comes off by pushing it towards you and up.
now, prep yourself. speaker is bonded to a half-buffle. buffle is clipped into the door trim, and clipped GOOD. takes good effort to unclip it.
you have 2 choices: remove OEM speaker from the buffle (good luck) and find matching aftermarket one(good luck) and bond it back to the buffle (good luck). or, you can simple attach larger speaker directly to the door trim. make sure that new speaker clears the door glas!!!!!!!!! safe way is to measure OEM speaker height and not to exceed it.
of course, you can buy OEM speaker from dealership. about new good quality aftermarket stereo worth.
Old January 15th, 2009, 5:27 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks I will give it a try.