Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

E85 where it shouldn't be

Search this Thread

Old October 16th, 2022 | 4:15 PM
CF Beginner

Default E85 where it shouldn't be

Go ahead and make all the fun you want(my self talk is worse than anything you can come up with), but I really need help!!
I have once again made a very bad decision. I was trying to save some money on fuel charges and did **** poor research, about if my truck could run on flexfuel. Well long story short. I put e85 in my j block.
I drove it less than 10 miles and got the code. I want straight home and parked it. It sat for week, because of work and weather. I just drained the tank and changed the fuel pump(Napa). The lines were opened and drained. New pump was a little loose, but again I make bad decisions. Put 91 octane in her and drove her back to the gas station for a bigger drink of the good stuff, some more 91 octane. Just before the station, the information center, said to tighten the gas cap. (me thinking of the loose fit of the fuel pump, to the tank) ...well crap
Upon turning the key, she fired right up, but threw the check engine light, the code is the P069E, generic code for fuel pump control system.
Have I hurt my truck? What have I done? What can I do?