Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

exhaust and chip..

Search this Thread

Old June 21st, 2009, 11:05 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default exhaust and chip..

i have an 07 classic body w/ a 5.3. already have intake and a throttle boddy spacer but now it comes to more important stuff which is sound and what chip will give me the most power. everyone i know has a flowmaster which sound good and cheap but is there anything out there better?? and for a chip i use to have a hypertech in my old truck but wasnt to fond of it..any ideas??

thanks
Old June 21st, 2009, 11:37 PM
CF Active Member

Exhaust is based on your personal preference more than anything. Flowmaster has a great rumble to it, but check out some videos on youtube of trucks with Magnaflow and Dynomax.

As for chips and tunes, someone on this forum is going to recommend these, so I'll get it out of the way early. Nelson or Blackbear tuning.
Old June 22nd, 2009, 12:41 AM
CF Beginner

well mufflers all depend on what kinda sound u want. if u want something that roars no matter waht. Get a flowmaster. but if ur lookin fer something descret and ok till u get into it. id check in corsa. idling u cant really hear it. but when holy when u get int to her u will notice it.
now fer chips. jus something simple cheap and will really get up and go. i perfer th superchips powerpaq. its simple to opperate. has many selections to choose from. u can download more. change thigns manual. and yet she will sit u back in ur seat jus in some of the factory selctions.

but like i said its all ur own opinion. and jus go out there and try things out
Old June 22nd, 2009, 1:29 AM
CF Beginner

Smile

i like flowmasters sound i was just wonderin if there really is any differance
Old June 22nd, 2009, 1:40 AM
CF Beginner

Question

those two that were mentioned first blackberry or nelson tuning..do they come with anysort of electric gauges that show what your trucks running..like trans temp oil speed things like that?

are there even any out there for gas vehicles?
Old June 22nd, 2009, 9:51 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As far as sound I also reccomend Flowmaster! Now for chips I have only used to Superchip and Hypertech. It depends what Programmer you get some show gauges some don't.
Old June 22nd, 2009, 11:08 AM
CF Active Member

Originally Posted by kostonpower
those two that were mentioned first blackberry or nelson tuning..do they come with anysort of electric gauges that show what your trucks running..like trans temp oil speed things like that?

are there even any out there for gas vehicles?
First its Blackbear, Blackberry is a phone. second, no, and neither do the handhelds. there are no gauges that comes with them. the difference is you either send your pcm to justin or nelson and they tune it about 1000000000^100000 times better than any handheld can, or they will send you a tuned pcm that you swap out for yours.

you can either get an ss cluster or HD cluster for your transmission temp gauge. or go with something like the scan gauge II
Old June 22nd, 2009, 11:18 AM
CF Beginner

Question

lol my bad. thats what i was meaning. i see you have the blackbear. you would rec? and whats the price??
Old June 22nd, 2009, 11:48 AM
CF Beginner

flow-master's are good for a little rumble, a low tune. 9 inch glass pack is what you want for the loudest, powerful sound.
Old June 22nd, 2009, 1:10 PM
CF Active Member

I think 'a little rumble' is putting it extremely lightly. Glasspacks are loud, but 'powerful sound' is a misleading statement; loud is all glasspacks have going for them. They wear out a lot faster than mufflers do.

If you want a great 'performance' sound, Magnaflow is probably the way to go.

Quick Reply: exhaust and chip..