Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Friend of mine has a 2003 Silverado w/ factory CD player... XM question...

Search this Thread

Old January 13th, 2009, 10:06 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Friend of mine has a 2003 Silverado w/ factory CD player... XM question...

I just pulled out my XM factory module from behind my 2007 Tahoe glove box when I upgraded to a Kenwood head unit. Do the earlier radios, specifically the 2003 have XM capabilities and if so will it have a place in the wiring harness over there?

Thanks... Gary
Old January 13th, 2009, 5:41 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: Friend of mine has a 2003 Silverado w/ factory CD player... XM question...

I believe you need to have a cd player to be able to upgrade to XM. The harness will NOT be there nor will the XM antenna. And before you ask....you cannot transfer an XM module from one vehicle to another. The VIN is stored in the module when it is powered up and cannot be reset
Old January 13th, 2009, 5:50 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Friend of mine has a 2003 Silverado w/ factory CD player... XM question...

Well the last part of your answer circumvents the first part where I want to say my friend has a CD player....

Thanks for the fast answer and all the other answers you've given me in the last year. In fact... Happy New Year... I look forward to the time you send me a private message asking me what's wrong with your furnace or air conditioner so I can be half as helpful to you as you are around here.

Thanks a bunch... Gary