Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

front yard muddin

Search this Thread

Old March 30th, 2009 | 10:23 AM
CF Active Member

Default front yard muddin

well its been raining for about 5 days now and i think im gonna take a ride through my front yard.....did i mention its got about a foot and half ruts in it mwahahahahaha...anybody else with a sweet front yard like mine??
Old March 30th, 2009 | 11:19 AM
CF Monarch

Nope. I have a sweet 106 acre field behind the house though... and another 60 acre field behind that.
Does that count?
lol
Old March 30th, 2009 | 11:53 AM
CF Active Member

if its muddy it counts lol
Old March 30th, 2009 | 12:47 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah, it looks like that thing gets along good in the mud.

I've got a spot where I go off the driveway for @ 20' to get into the back yard at my little slice of heaven. I was thinkin' of pouring gravel into it or something. It keeps gettin' mud on my fenders. (OMG, what am I gonna do?)

Whenever it rains really hard where I'm at, the river starts jumping it's bank, then the newbies in town all get to see why the guys who lived on the river all their lives have pickup trucks.(Yar-har-har-har!) Last year some lady got her Cooper-Mini completely submerged in a puddle. We all thought it was rather humorous, but she wasn't very amused. I think now she's got,like,water-wings for it , or something.

Last edited by therewolf; March 30th, 2009 at 12:55 PM.
Old March 30th, 2009 | 1:11 PM
CF Active Member

lol...it wasnt as soupy today as i like...maybe it just needs a few more run throughs...the only thing about this truck that has a hard time in mud is the tires and even with them it doesnt have a problem
Old March 30th, 2009 | 7:47 PM
Classifieds Moderator
TruckForums Liaison

I, for one, care about my lawn. I am just getting ready to aerate it and lay down grub control. Uncaring bastards >
Old March 30th, 2009 | 8:03 PM
CF Active Member

Oh no, 92silvy must be from a different generation than you others. Let me guess, at least 27. Am I right? That's usually when people start to mellow out and think about things. Or maybe you're just not redneck enough? I know I would love to romp through a mud-filled yard but, I know I would get into a whole heap of trouble from my family.
Old March 30th, 2009 | 8:49 PM
Classifieds Moderator
TruckForums Liaison

Haha very funny! Actually I have no problem being redneck or anything like that, but like hell I'm gonna do it on my own lawn! Thats what neighbors are for, and horse pastures for that matter
Old March 30th, 2009 | 11:41 PM
CF Monarch

Yeah I don't do it on my own lawn, but I have mud in the lower part of the back field behind the house that could stick a Panzer.
Maybe you guys can come over one day so I can pull you out of it lol

Last edited by EvansBlue; March 30th, 2009 at 11:44 PM.
Old March 31st, 2009 | 3:15 AM
CF Beginner

around where i live, there are miles and miles of low maintenance roads where we go mudding, one is about 2 miles long and is wide enough for one truck and fields on both sides of you, after a good rain its about 6 or more inches of just mud, if you get stuck, the only thing getting you out is a front wheel assist tractor.

Quick Reply: front yard muddin