Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

front yard muddin

Search this Thread

Old March 31st, 2009 | 4:37 AM
CF Active Member

well my house sits right on the highway so its kinda like a big f you to everybody that doesnt know how to have a good time...and the cops havent said anything yet so its all good lol
Old March 31st, 2009 | 2:20 PM
Super Moderator

I'm pushing 51 and I still hate lawn maintenance. I started checking the history of lawn maintenance, it goes back to end-mid-evil times, when English Lords had these massive manors with acres and acres of lawn out front. Of course, they all had live-in servants to crop, weed, and edge it all, too. IMO the very thought of lovingly tending a patch of manicured grass is a little absurd,really.I'm already running for the bomb shelter, because people are going to take this the wrong way, but when's the last time you stopped to admire a nice lawn?

I'm more nomadic, the last thing I want to be doing when I check out is pushing a lawnmower or painting a white picket fence.
Old March 31st, 2009 | 2:57 PM
CF Active Member

I do think it's stupid seeing those "lawn of the month" signs out in the yards of old retired people. I usually am doing a motor swap or some kind of work in my front yard. I should have a "best use of lawn for the month" sign or something. But you know those lawn gurus were prolly just like us one time. Now all they can do is use scissors to cut a lawn.
Old March 31st, 2009 | 4:06 PM
Classifieds Moderator
TruckForums Liaison

I guess I'm alone on this one. C'mon doesn't anyone like to see fresh green grass perfectly striped and smelling good?
Old March 31st, 2009 | 5:15 PM
CF Active Member

Hey, I don't have a problem at all with great grass in the front yard, just as long as it isn't an obsession. I actually had some bare spots in my yard and planted some new grass last week. The redneck in me would love to tear that grass up, but that small part of my brain is under house arrest.
Old April 1st, 2009 | 2:02 PM
Super Moderator

Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with grass. But at just what point did everybody decide that having a perfectly manicured lawn in front of your house was normal,proper, and correct? We're basically emulating time honored practices of snooty upper-crust schmucks whom we privately can't stand, or openly deride and laugh at.

Didn't we throw a revolution in 1776 because we were tired of having British Standards shoved down our throats? But somehow making collective fools of ourselves by grooming massive carpets of useless vegetation is deemed socially acceptable,nay, desirable!

Executives take massive bonuses while we get laid off, it's OK for children worldwide to starve, we're not too worried if our own kids get drafted into the army and sent overseas to die, BUT DON"T LET THAT GRASS TURN BROWN!!
Old April 1st, 2009 | 3:13 PM
CF Active Member

Red face

Crap!!! I thought grass was supposed to be brown!
Old April 1st, 2009 | 3:19 PM
Classifieds Moderator
TruckForums Liaison

YOU KNOW WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!! *sniff*

YOU GUYS ARE ALL JUST JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old April 2nd, 2009 | 4:24 AM
CF Active Member

lol jealous that we can charge admission to drive through our yards lol
Old April 2nd, 2009 | 11:16 AM
Super Moderator

Hey, 92CS,don't take it so hard. I like to fish. You could very easily say "What moron would want to sit next to a pond all day getting his face sunburned to a crisp with a stick in his hand?"
(Trying to catch fish that he's not even sure are there?)

Quick Reply: front yard muddin