Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Gas mileage in a 2011 Silverado 1500 4WD Crew Cab LTZ

Search this Thread

Old February 3rd, 2014, 7:10 AM
Super Moderator

Received 509 Likes on 469 Posts

I have years of factory training from the manufacturer and you have never worked in the field. Can you even name 4 gm communication protocols that gm has used. Have you ever diagnosed these systems?
it must really irk you that some dumb mechanic may know more about your own truck than you do.
How dare I challenge you on an open internet forum.

Last edited by tech2; February 3rd, 2014 at 7:33 AM.
Old February 3rd, 2014, 12:32 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Keeping a gas-guzzling hauler even if you don't haul, is like keeping a ZL1 Camaro and never hauling...if you catch my drift.
Old February 3rd, 2014, 2:19 PM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by jborodawg
Keeping a gas-guzzling hauler even if you don't haul, is like keeping a ZL1 Camaro and never hauling...if you catch my drift.
LOL Yep I hear ya, but its paid for and with the price of a newer vehicle, insurance, and losing the ability to haul if I needed to.....for me its better to keep it for the next 5 years or so. Unless of course I can find a nice person to buy me a new vehicle!
Old February 3rd, 2014, 10:44 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by tech2
I have years of factory training from the manufacturer and you have never worked in the field. Can you even name 4 gm communication protocols that gm has used. Have you ever diagnosed these systems?
it must really irk you that some dumb mechanic may know more about your own truck than you do.
How dare I challenge you on an open internet forum.

I see my last post survived.

I've known plenty of people like you. You wanted a real education, but things just didn't work out for whatever reason. Maybe, you just weren't smart enough. Maybe, you just couldn't make the commitment. So, instead, you took the shortcut and went to ITT tech or similar place. Now you got a pile of debt, a worthless certificate on the wall, and a born to lose tattoo on your forehead. Oh yeah, I'm, like, really irked by your crappy life. Good luck with that.
Old February 3rd, 2014, 10:48 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by jborodawg

Still feels good to have one.
Old February 3rd, 2014, 11:08 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by '03 Heavy Chevy
LOL Yep I hear ya, but its paid for and with the price of a newer vehicle, insurance, and losing the ability to haul if I needed to.....for me its better to keep it for the next 5 years or so. Unless of course I can find a nice person to buy me a new vehicle!

Yeah, I kept my 2003 Silverado Reg Cab 4.3L for just over ten and half years. I really didn't want to get into big payments and related expenses. But, it was time to move on. Im sure in this forum having a 4.3L is frowned upon, but that engine was enough for me in the Reg Cab. I got decent mileage in it despite driving it hard all the time. My city was 13-14, while highway was always right at 17. Like I said, though, I drove mad. My typical highway speed was 85-90.

I did look at the 2014s, and test drove pretty much all the basic configurations that were available at my local dealer. You know, crew with 5.3L, ext cab with 5.3L, different axle ratios, etc. I really liked them. I was looking at making an all cash offer on a fairly well-equipped extended cab LT with the 5.3L. MSRP was around 41k, and they were willing to let it go for about 36k. That was really too much for that truck, so I backed out.

That's when I decided to go with the 2011. At the time it was 2y2m old with 30k miles. They certified it, so it came with an extra 12m and 12k mile warranty. Got it for about half the price of a comparably equipped 2014. I have a take home work vehicle, so its really a weekend driver for me. I just cant justify the price of a new truck.
Old February 4th, 2014, 6:58 AM
Super Moderator

Received 509 Likes on 469 Posts

Originally Posted by free88
I see my last post survived.

I've known plenty of people like you. You wanted a real education, but things just didn't work out for whatever reason. Maybe, you just weren't smart enough. Maybe, you just couldn't make the commitment. So, instead, you took the shortcut and went to ITT tech or similar place. Now you got a pile of debt, a worthless certificate on the wall, and a born to lose tattoo on your forehead. Oh yeah, I'm, like, really irked by your crappy life. Good luck with that.
All great material. I really do love the conflict. I'm just goofing on you now. The hostility, the anger in your post gives me great enjoyment (as if you know anything about me); proves to me that the intelligence debate end long ago. I win. But seriously....your 15 years old right?
Before the fun ends and the thread gets closed; give me some more reasons why my life is crappy.

Last edited by tech2; February 4th, 2014 at 7:13 AM.
Old February 4th, 2014, 7:26 AM
CF Beginner

You don't have to buy a 2013 or 2014.
Old February 4th, 2014, 8:34 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by tech2
All great material. I really do love the conflict. I'm just goofing on you now. The hostility, the anger in your post gives me great enjoyment (as if you know anything about me); proves to me that the intelligence debate end long ago. I win. But seriously....your 15 years old right?
Before the fun ends and the thread gets closed; give me some more reasons why my life is crappy.
Yes, you did win. Again, I am blinded by how many easily searchable facts you know about GM trucks. Only people with a basic computer and an internet connection can do that. Your red stripe certification is really paying off.
Old February 5th, 2014, 11:36 AM
CF Veteran

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

forum looks like it went downhill since Evan sold it to Chevrolet...you guys are arguing instead of celebrating the brand. Shame, shame.

Quick Reply: Gas mileage in a 2011 Silverado 1500 4WD Crew Cab LTZ